Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hi everyone, I am looking for a movie agent.
05-05-2007, 02:45 PM,
Hi everyone, I am looking for a movie agent.
Hi all,  I know this is a dive board but I thought I would ask since you all have been so supportive on my scuba driving dream. I have a possible movie made on me and I am looking for an experienced movie agent. I am looking for somebody to donate time for charity or if not charity a quote on price. Anyone knows of one let me know. Or entertainment lawyer.

don't know who to talk to or where to start.

I will be grateful for any offers.

take care and safe diving,

Matt. ???
05-09-2007, 08:16 PM,
Re: Hi everyone, I am looking for a movie agent.
Agents are looking for a story they can sell.  Unless your story includes mermaids or something, it won't make it in today's market.  The discovery channel is your niche and thats rather limitied.  Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM,
Wow Jim-
His story is far better than a couple of mermaids....While a story like this may not top Titannic, I think there is still a need for something like it. 
It would greatly depend on how it was done, of course but what movie doesnt....I think telling a man that heard a bunch of people tell him that he couldnt scuba dive and then went out and did it..that it would be a bad idea to do a movie....well.....lets just say that i think i would put my money on Matt
Matt..as always I wish you luck on this one..I wish i could help
Deano
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM,
I'm with Captain Dean I think this would make a GREAT movie!!!  Movies about people who accompish great things when no one thought they could are amazing...look at Persuit of Happiness.  I may be way off base here, it wouldn't be the first time, but perhaps you should try contacting John Chatterton through his website johnchatterton.com.  He has been in the entertainment buisness for years, certainly he has contacts in those areas, if nothing else he may be willing to steer you in the right direction.  It's a shot in the dark...but at least its a shot, you have nothing to lose.  I wish you the VERY best of luck...and don't forget about us when you are big star. 
05-10-2007, 12:32 PM,
While I agree that Matt's IS a great story and an inspiration. I think that if anyone felt that there was $$$ to be made, they would be knocking on HIS door......The above poster had a good idea about possibly contacting John Chatterton through his site. He may have an idea or 2. Good Luck! Smile
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM,
I could be off-base here, again, perhaps I misunderstood but my impression from this post as well as the the other mention in general scuba discussions...someone HAS knocked on his door which is why he is looking for an agent to represent him in negotiations...is that right Matt?  Help us out here, fill us in on all the juicy details...inquiring minds want to know!
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM,
My point was that if an agent thinks he can "sell" a story, he'll come knocking. Obviously an agent would stand to make a percentage on any deal. Agents are "sales" people. They usually don't wait for $$$ to come to them ;D.
05-10-2007, 01:53 PM,

Matt t.  You hate your job, maybe you could be his agent.  I'll let you borrow my Elvis glasses....
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM,

Matt t.  You hate your job, maybe you could be his agent.  I'll let you borrow my Elvis glasses....
[/quote] 
Got my own the other day. I'll wear them Saturday. My new nick-name is
"The Clolonel" ;D.
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM,
Hi all. Thanks for all the great thoughts, advice and support. Yes, i do have someone knocking on my door.

I talked to my friend, John Chatterton before he went to Thailand. He's looking into a possible book deal for me.

Safe Diving, Matt