Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crystal lake almost dive
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM,
Crystal lake almost dive
Well,Yesterday it was going to be 70 degrees up north here and the urge to dive came.

Went over to Crystal lake by Minocqua. We wanted to clean off the tele tubbies for the upcoming season.

For me it didn't happen. I geared up and found I forgot my HOOD.  So stupid.  But it was to be the first dive of the season.
I have noticed that first dives of the season always have problems.
I tried to dive without a hood, but it was a freeking 47 degrees and I don't like ice cream headaches.

So it ended up being a non-diving day for me.  Just a get together with buddies.

Any one else have silly problems on the first dive day of  the season?

gail
04-22-2007, 05:08 PM,
Re: Crystal lake almost dive
My first dives of the season are merely a continuation of last year.  My first dive this year was on January first.  The ice up merely slows things a bit. If you go dry and continue diving, you also stay sharp and in the swing of things. 
    This is the best way to avoid awkward first dives.

Jim
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM,
Yah, same here - I never really have a first dive of the season either...mine never stops Smile
04-22-2007, 10:39 PM,

You guys have a diving season???  LOL    Big Grin
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM,
The best diving is in the winter for viz, even for a wetsuit if geared properly, no off season for me!  Ice diving makes great bragging rights for your non diver friends too ;D.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM,
They sell Stihl & Husqvarna at our local dive shops around here Smile
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM,
Yeah, actually on my first dive of the season which was a couple weeks ago I forgot to pull on the suspenders inside my drysuit.  It wasn't until after the dive taking off my suit that I figured out why something felt out of whack during the dive. :-[
04-24-2007, 04:13 AM,
Only in WI. When you get an air fill , the dive shop reminds you to bring a chain saw ....... with a long bar!!!!!! First dives usually means some one doesn't bring enough weight  like me.
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!