Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door County Wreck Dives July 06
05-11-2006, 10:12 AM,
Door County Wreck Dives July 06
We are looking for 3 divers to fill a boat on July 8 and possibly July 9.  We do not have a set agenda, but want to dive 2 wrecks.

Please let me know by May 23, 2006 if you would like to join us - kimberly_n_smith@hotmail.com.
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM,
Re: Door County Wreck Dives July 06
Could you provide a bit more information about the dives that you want to do?  Which wrecks, how deep, how much does the charter cost?
05-13-2006, 05:25 PM,
We have not picked exactly which dives.  We heard ER Williams and Frank O'Cooner are good dives.  They are both about 100 feet, but are too far apart to do the same day.  Be are leaving from Gills Rock.

Cost of the boat is $540 to be split by up to 6 divers.  Captain (Ken Mortenson from Michigan Charter) can bring air for $10 per tank if needed.

two of us are fairly new in the diving world. one diver has about 40 dives.  Please let me know if you have more questions.
05-14-2006, 08:04 AM,
Nateburger,
If the weather works the Frank O'Connor is a great dive weather permitting that is,but there is a vast range of sites to dive in the area for all range of divers.
You also can get air fills just O-2 from the Shoreline resort at Gills rock,The new manager I think will be setting the fill station near the dock of her dive boat as the dive shop is now closed due to condo construction but dive charters are still run.
  Have fun diving and hope you fill out the boat,
Brad 
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM,
Just an FYI - I don't think you can get air right now at Shoreline.  My neighbor was talking with them, and everything is closed for now.
05-16-2006, 01:02 PM,
They do take a little while to get up and running.  I know I went up there one year over Mothers Day weekend and they didn't have the compressor up yet.
06-07-2006, 04:40 AM,
Just got off the phone and it looks like Jim has his boat leased for tours and they at this time not run dive charters as planed,as this just came up,So I will have to find out if they will have fills now,otherwise its a trip down to chucks GBS
Dive safe,
Brad