Remember me
Lost Password Register

Newbie saying hello
04-23-2006, 07:30 PM,
Newbie saying hello
Hi everyone...I just wanted to say hi as I am new here and have always wanted to get into scuba diving. I am 25 and live in the fox cities. I was going to get into diving and get certified a few years back but ended up getting diagnosed with cancer and had to go through about 8 months of treatment for it so my dreams of getting certified at that time kinda got put on the back burner. Well treatment went great and I have had a clean bill of health for just about 3 years now and can't wait to be able to get certified now! I will probably be taking the certification next summer so I can get back into shape again (chemo really does a number on your body!) this year and be better prepared. I look forward to talking with all of you!
~Ryan
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM,
Re: Newbie saying hello
Glad to hear things are going well. Hope to see you out on the lake. Wink
04-23-2006, 08:10 PM,
Thanks Matt...hope to get out there soon also!
~Ryan
04-23-2006, 08:35 PM,
Welcome.
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM,
Welcome to you!!! I am very happy for you...
I lost two friends to cancer when we were your age...So I am very happy to hear that you are kicking its ass....3 years is a wonderful milestone, and I am very happy to see that you plan to enjoy you life as much as possible..I think everyone here will agree with the fact that DIVING is one hell of a way to do that....I look foreward to seeing you reach that goal...CUDOS..and Cheers to good health
Deano
04-24-2006, 11:33 PM,
Welcome to the board!  If you have any questions about ANY part of the hobby, don't be afraid to ask. 

There is a really great group on this board that has a lot of good information.
04-25-2006, 01:11 AM,
Deano...thanks and it does feel good to be winning the battle! I was lucky that I always had a good outlook about everything and never really got down...I think that is what got me through everything...now i've just been trying to do a few things that i've always wanted to and put off until some other time...after getting cancer it kind of makes you realize that there may not be "another time" to do the things you want.

Omicron...thanks and i'm sure i will have plenty of questions so i'm glad everyone here seems so helpful and patient!
~Ryan