Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dacor Viper Regulator
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM,
Dacor Viper Regulator
Does anybody have any information on the Dacor Viper Tec regulator?  I understand Mares bought the company, but I can’t tell if this model is still made.  It get’s positive reviews, but I’m not sure if it will be serviceable in the future due to Mares not supporting the parts.

Thanks
04-22-2006, 12:03 AM,
Re: Dacor Viper Regulator
I asked this question on ScubaBoard, they said that the Viper Tec is still under warranty and able to be serviced.

Response I got: Yes, AFAIK the Viper and Eagle lines are being supported.
04-23-2006, 09:12 PM,
Consider what type of diving you want to do in the future.  If tech diving is anywhere out there, buy a good, readily available reg that you can get more of when the time comes.  Things are easier when all of your regs are the same.  I haven't seen a Dacor reg used in quite some time, but if you are just looking for something that will work for an occasional trip and a few dives a year, like many certified divers, the Dacor should be fine.  If you don't feel right about it, buy something different.  I really like my Scubapro MK25/G250HP regs and many of my friends have had good luck with Apeks.
04-24-2006, 10:03 AM,
I'll agree with Chris on the G250s.  I have Mk 10s for both of mine.(1987 and 1990 models)  Scubapro still supports the Mk 10.  My 87 model is still under warranty and parts are still free.  The 90 isn't, and costs double at service time.
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-17-2006, 10:36 AM,
I have a Dacor Viper Tec and actually like it a lot!  However, I have long since turned it into a pool only reg.  Buy a set of Apex regs and be done with it.  Those will be with you for a long time to come. 
JMHO