Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Michigan sewage dump
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM,
Lake Michigan sewage dump
Okay, how long after this should we consider it safe to do a shore dive?

The only good diver is a wet diver.
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM,
Re: Lake Michigan sewage dump
Don't worry about it.  I wouldn't go swim around Jones Island, but it is a big lake.  If the info I found on the internet is correct, and we know it is because it was on the internet, Lake Michigan contains roughly 1,299,211,700,000,000 gallons the 800,000 that was dumped  is ~.00000006% of the overall volume of the lake.    Just go dive and don't get hung up on the media crap.
03-30-2006, 05:33 PM,
One other thing to consider...when they talk about raw sewage, it just means it is untreated.  When you flush the toilet, think about the actual ratio of what most people think of as raw sewage vs the amount of water it is flushed with.  I'm not saying that MMSD should dump sewage at will, but I am saying the media typically sucks.
03-31-2006, 09:19 AM,
While this absolutely blows,
dont be afraid to dive....while i have no idea how to verbalize the number that chris posted in his message,( i'm going for one GODZILLION,two hundred ninety nine trillion,two hundred and eleven billion seven hundred million)..it is alot..but me thinks the only people that need worry about it for now are the folks that recently purchased one of the deluxe condos on the river....a southerly wind...yikes!!!!
by the way...can you imagine how these "accidents" happen....????
you would figure that they have had enough that someone would get a clue and label that red button with a big sign that says...something like..."All Shit Breaks Lose When Pushed"..or something... Tongue
04-02-2006, 09:26 AM,
I wonder if this is why we had 2' vis north of MKE April 1st?
Errrrrrrrrrrr Its time for a good ear infection!
a bad video yesterdays dive I know its the time of year and its only going to get better from now on!
Wake up zebra muscles,wake up!

Dive safe,
Brad