Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madison Dive Store to close
03-17-2006, 08:49 AM,
Madison Dive Store to close
Got a copy of an e-mail the other day: looks like Dave Walborn is hanging up his fins from Crabby Hermit.

Subject: Crab to Retire
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:08:13 -0500
At the end of March the lease expires for my store.  I am eligible for Social Security in 2 months.  So I have decided not to renew my lease for another 3 years.   March 25, 2006, will be my last day of operation in this location.   

I will continue to sell and service scuba and snorkeling gear on a semi - retirement basis from some other location.  I intend to offer opportunities for group diving locally and in the warm water destinations.  Joan and I intend to continue offering dive training.

You should be able to contact me through e-mail and I intend to have my calls forwarded to my playrooms (where ever they may be). 

Some of you have signed up for classes and others are partially through a course.  When you begin a course, the certifying agencies require completion of that course within a year.  The clock starts running when you have your first training event with me.  If you are signed up for a class, you can be sure that we will honor our commitment.  But it would be prudent to get the training started and completed as soon as possible. 

A couple of you are awaiting your c-cards.  I talked to Naui this past Wednesday and everyone who I have talked to in the past few weeks - your cards arebeing processed and should be in my hands soon.   

I don't have all the details of my continued existence ironed out but I will be glad to tell you what I know if you desire additional information.  Call or write.

Last, let me say that it has been a pleasure serving you.  I hope that we are able to see each of you in the water sometime down the road.  I value your friendships so don't hesitate to call or drop in even if it is just to say, "howdy".   No  purchase necessary
03-17-2006, 08:26 PM,
Re: Madison Dive Store to close
that's sad.   I was in has shop many times.  Hope he enjoys his semi-retirement.  he gave great advice and good deals.