Remember me
Lost Password Register

History Channel
03-04-2006, 08:24 AM,
History Channel

Hey Guys, here is a reminder for you !

Titanic's Final Moments: Missing Pieces Tonight Saturday March 4, 9 - 11 PM Central Time
In August 2005, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, hosts of Deep Sea Detectives, led an expedition to the wreck of RMS Titanic. Diving 2Ѕ miles down in Russian submersibles, they searched outside the known debris field for new evidence. On their final dive they made an extraordinary find: two large intact sections of the bottom hull of the Titanic in pristine condition with the red bottom paint still on them. For four months, a team of historians, marine architects, and engineers has been conducting a forensic analysis of this find. All agree that it's the most significant new discovery since the wreck was located in 1985. Analysis is ongoing, but preliminary indications are that these bottom sections will change our understanding of how the ship broke apart, and rewrite the story of the final moments of the Titanic. cc

Deep Sea Detectives Monday March 6, 9 - 10 PM Central Time
Train Wreck in Lake Michigan.
Railroad car ferries were thought to be some of the safest vessels on the Great Lakes, built to withstand ice and waves year round. But on October 22nd, 1929, the SS Milwaukee sailed into a Force-9 Gale and disappeared. Was it foolishness on the part of the ship's captain, Robert "Heavy Weather" McKay? Or was he ordered to sail by the railroad company? Was there a design flaw with the ship itself? Or was there a conspiracy to cover up unsafe business practices? Our hosts, veteran divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, using cutting-edge technology, fascinating underwater footage, and expert interviews, compare the official post-accident investigation with the wreck itself, and possibly rewrite history. cc

History Channel Link..

Enjoy !! & remember, spring is coming soon !

USCG Capt Bill Prince
website
nordicdiver@earthlink.net e-mail
cell 630-880-4606 cell
Smile Smile
03-04-2006, 07:44 PM,
Re: History Channel
Thanks for the heads up, Bill. I've got my DVR set, if anyone misses it, send me a msg and I can send you a DVD copy (this thing works really great, being on the road all the time now I get my wifey to record stuff for me then I can watch DSD at my convenience!)

Paul

PS Bill, be sure to send me email for your weekend dives this season, i'll be able to dive only Saturdays all summer, so looking forward to jumping on your boat quite a bit this year!  (: lothary@cavediver.net )
03-08-2006, 09:22 PM,
Geez, am I the only one to have watched the Train Wreck in Lake Michigan episode ? I expected to see a flood of comments by now. What's with the Message in a Bottle thing ?  I need new inserts for my mask, I've been down at the prop several times, but don't remember seeing a train car under it !  Great show. I ordered the DVD from the History Channel !
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM,
As usual on Monday, feel asleep just as it started.

Doug
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM,

You missed a good one Doug!
03-09-2006, 06:02 AM,

I've been down by the props a few times myself.  They usually have a bunch of sand near them.  These guys just happened to be there on the right day.  Great program.

Jim
03-09-2006, 06:32 AM,
Same thing happened to me. Couldn't get either VCR to work either. Anyone tape or TEVO the show???
03-09-2006, 08:46 AM,
watched the show...was very happy with the history portion of the show..was quite dissapointed with the actual dive coverage..as you all know, this is one hell of a wreck...they just didnt show enough of it...i would love to see what ended up on the cutting room floor...also...I would have liked to have heard maybe a little blurb on the dive boat and captain...Bill..thanks for assisting in bringing this to TV
Deano
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM,
Hi Guys

Dean, i agree they should have used more underwater footage. I know they had it to use because i have seen it but overall it was a good production and it helps promote diving in Milwaukee as well as Lake Michigan over all. These guys are great to work with & dive with and i am looking forward to working with them again.

Also, there are times that you end up with more publicity when you accept a little less in the beginning.

Capt Bill Prince

630-880-4606

Wink Wink Wink
03-10-2006, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2006, 08:20 AM by schultz.)
Liked the episode... There were many things like the canister that was found on shore that I wasn't aware of. I'm glad I recorded the episode on my MythTV box (homemade TiVo). The file size is a bit large at the moment, but I'm going to re-size it in the a more downloadable size instead of the 2GB monster I currently have. If anyone is interested let me know, and I'll get to work on it.... and sorry, the commericals have not been edited out  :-\