Remember me
Lost Password Register

Moving to Madison from California.
12-08-2003, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2003, 11:16 PM by WIdiver_Paul2.)
Madison diving links
Justin,
You're probably already settled in, but I thought I'd add some destinations for your diving dollars and time:

Tamara Thompsen, sidemount cave diver, runs Diversions Scuba on Old University Avenue, near University Hospital--

this is the only place in town for O2, HE and Argon fills. She sells Zeagle, Poseidon, OMS and Scubapro stuff. And she is the VR3 dealer for the USA (and don't forget to stop in and say hi to Charlie, the scuba chihuahua!)

The "other" scuba club in Madison is Hoofers Club. Hoofers is an organization founded by members of the Student Union of the UW, but is open to anyone.
Socials are 7:30 at the Memorial Union on every Thursday, everyone is welcome to stop in (look for the dive flag at a table), hang out, drink beer and swap dive plans or stories. Hoofers scuba does PADI instruction from OW through A.I. (at very competitive rates) and has full rental equipment available at an incredible discount. Gaye Lynn Clyde does instruction for Hoofers out of her quarry in Watertown (about 15 acres to depths of 90', with 2 "shipwrecks" and training platforms) and hubby Russ helps out as well. Hoofers does a salt water trip anually (this year is blackbeard cruise in Bahamas) and several excursions to local sites (Isle Royale and Straits of Mackinac in 2003). Find more info here:

Messages In This Thread
Madison diving links - by WIdiver_Paul2 - 12-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Re:Moving to Madison from California. - by Omicron - 06-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Re:Moving to Madison from California. - by Omicron - 06-26-2003, 11:48 AM