Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Buddy List
08-18-2005, 09:44 PM,
Re: Dive Buddy List
Just got certified and want to go, but am having trouble finding other divers in my area. I have the next 10 days off work and would be willing to travel to just about anywhere in the area (within Wisconsin or neighboring areas) if I could get a few dives in. I could see myself going quite often if the opportunity is there.
08-22-2005, 01:00 PM,

So, you have gear and a boat, but no certifications and you are looking for a dive buddy?   Sounds a little scary, would you care to elaborate?
[/quote]
2 more cents...  You've GOT the expensive part of this so why not take the plunge?  Classes are cheep.  Why wait - take the class and get the cert and I'm sure you'll be beating potential buddies off with a stick (seeing as how you have a boat!)
PS you've probably stored that dive gear somewhere - right?  Make sure it's not near an ozone producer (hot water tank...) it'll kill the rubber.  Also make sure you get that regulator in for servicing BEFORE you take it on a dive.
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM,
Don't worry about not having anyone to dive with, there are lots of clubs in the area. I am a member of Buccaneers out of Milwaukee and last weekend dove with the Badger state dive club. The Buccaneers have club dives geared for beginners to advanced and can involve training through Pirates Cove to move you along bigger and better dives. The group there is very friendly and dive lakes and wrecks 'right through the winter'.

Call or email Jitka (pronounced yit-ka) the Club president at 414-807-8233 or jhanakova@hotmail.com  You can get more details about this club at

I wish I would have known about these kind of clubs when I got certified 15 years ago because I was in the same boat as you, so to speak,.
09-07-2005, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2005, 04:43 AM by diver01.)
.Hi,i'm steve and i live in malta from the uk.I dive every 3weeks for 3weeks due to my job has a oil rig worker,i'm a BSAC sports diver and am doing my dive leader at the mo i have 80plus dives,anyone interested in diving over hear can email me at stevemalta@hotmail.com,i can provide cheap B&B accommodation.
09-17-2005, 07:40 PM,

Name: Mike T. 
Certification: PADI - Open-water
# of Dives:50+
Max Depth: 100ft

I'm interested in finding some people to dive in the cold waters. . . I'm not afraid - working to hopefully get drysuit, advnaced, and nitrox certified soon.  If anyone wants to take me and give me the shove to do it - I need it!  I have all my own gear, 7mm wetsuit so like I said cold doesn't bother me. . . Can access southern WI very easily.

05-28-2006, 12:22 PM,
I'm DaveTW,
live in Milwaukee,
AOW, working toward rescue , wreck, and nitrox specialties; have logged 42 dives all in the warm waters of the carribean. now it's time to get wet in cooler climes without all the travel, much closer to home. I  Big Grinwill be looking to go diving this summer, Lake Mich, Haigh Quarry, Pearl Lake. Just email me.
06-05-2006, 07:55 AM,
HI all
I ma new to the list here.

I live in the MIlwaukee area.

Certified 8/10/75 (yeah a long time ago but I keep current)
My son was certified on 10/30/05

I have over 2000 dives

Love the warm waters and reefs of the carribean but cut my teeth on cold water and still love to see what is on the bottom.

Always looking for new adventures.
06-13-2006, 02:31 PM,
Name: Nate
Cert: PADI OW,AOW,EFR,RESCUE, Divemaster candidate
Member of: Madison Adventure Scuba Team

Always diving around madison area. Going to Wazee again last weekend in July. Red Granite on July 1st. Lake Geneva Aug 15th. Door County in Aug. Many others also.
06-25-2006, 10:26 PM,
:Smile
AOW + certified, 40......something single female, lives on lake, dives as often as I can get my tank filled.....yes, mostly by myself...(when the fish have names you know it is time for a dive buddy!  Big Grin

Worship weekly at New Vision Church (REALLY Awesome....)  meet me at church and let's have lunch and a dive Sunday afternoon!

Been to Roatan, Cozumel, Play Del Carmen, etc.

Planning to buy and charter houseboat, offer PADI training and minister as God leads in/around Roatan.  Made good friends there, they need help and fresh drinking water.  Want to leave a situation better than you found it?  Let's  talk.  scubagal_godive@yahoo.com
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM,
:o
SUMMER IS SHORT!  COME DIVE WITH ME!

AOW on way to Instructor.  Shhhhhh, I live on a beautiful lake for diving and don't ask me to post where it is!  Have to come out and find out and then YOU will want to keep it a secret too!

Let's get a group of us together, get tanked up (air tanks of course...)dive ourselves dry, cook out lots of great food and roast Nitroxmellows over the Bonfire  (okay, just checking to see if you were paying attention  ???)