Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Buddy List
05-11-2003, 08:34 AM,
Re:Dive Buddy List
Hello,

This looks like a good place to introduce myself. I'm in West-Central Wisconsin. I dive when I can.

No. of dives: 39

Location of dives: Perch Lake, Lake Wazee (favorite spot) and the Atlantic.
Some local locations I'd like to check out Crosby Mines and some of the wrecks in Superior (when it's wetsuit weather though! yes I'm a wimp.. lol) Any other suggestions ?
I haven't done a night dive in the local lakes but would like to try this out some time.

Certifications: AOW, Rescue and Nitrox.

I'm usually free every other weekend. And during the week nights for local dives such as Perch Lake.

05-11-2003, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2005, 06:28 AM by MikeS.)
Name:  Mike Schneider
Number of dives:  300
Cert:  wreck, ice, DM
Now diving dry (Bare Nex-Gen)

My Wisconsin dives have included Devils Lake, Wazee, Geneva Lake, Pearl Lake (the one near Red Granite, not the Illinois one), Red Granite Quarry and Lake Michigan.  Also Roatan, Cozumel and Aruba this March
05-15-2003, 08:24 PM,
Name: Doug Freeman
Dives: 200+
Certification: PADI Master Diver

I dive year round. Dove at least once every month last year. Truly enjoy Lake Wazee, but have tried out at least 10 other lakes within an hour of home. Lake Superior, Florida, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, France and Thailand have also seen my bubbles. Read about it at the attachment below.

Will dive almost anywhere when my schedule allows.

Send an e-mail.

Doug
07-14-2003, 03:25 PM,
Name: Dean Moore
Certification: PADI Master Scuba Diver/ DM Candidate
Nitrox,Deep,Ice,Wreck, Drysuit.. OUPV
(6pack) Charter Captain

I dive year round..I prefer diving Lake Michigan, but havent dove as much as I would have liked this year. Alot of time on the Boat taking fellow divers to the Michigan Wrecks. My personal depth was done in Wazee under supervision of a qualified instructor (176ft). I dive safe, and enjoy diving with anyone! If you are highly educated, then we will have a great time...If you are a newbie. Great. I enjoy showing people new experiences, and hopefully help them feel comfortable. I am on my way to becoming an instructor, so I have great patience as long as you want to enjoy yourself. Email me at DiveCaptDean@aol.com if you are interested in a charter on Lake Michigan with my charter company."Wreck X Press" Good Diving to all, and I hope to see you out there.
12-02-2003, 10:36 PM,
Name: Rob Hamilton
Dives: ~30
Certification: PADI OW, AOW

I got my first cert a few years ago and my AOW a couple of years ago. I would spend a WHOLE lot more time underwater if all my dive buddies hadn't moved to other locations all over the US. Places I have dove in WI include Huron, Sunset, Redgranite, Flynns, etc and did some diving in the Bahamas a couple of years ago, including an unintentional but fun shark dive. I'm on Yahoo Messenger as drizzam and that is also my email on Yahoo...I look forward to meeting some of the people on this board and doing some serious diving next summer!

-Rob
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM,
8)I am a certified PADI diver in Wichita, Kansas area. I have been at Beaver Lake, in Arkansas a couple of times. I am planning on returning this spring or summer. I have been interested in having a diving buddy to talk with via internet. I also am interested in pursing open water diving. So, would be great to here from other PADI divers who have experienced open water diving, already. Please let me hear from you.
Donald
01-09-2004, 09:31 PM,
Don,

There is no lack of open water divers on this forum. If you have questions and comments, feel free to post. There is a lot of knowledge avialable here and very little flaming.

Just don't get the DIR guys going. You will know if this happens.

Doug
01-16-2004, 09:30 PM,
Hi all, I'm new to this board and glad I found it a couple weeks ago.

Name: Andy Noack
Dives: 60+
Certifications: OW, AOW, Rescue, Ice, Drysuit

I started diving in 2001 because I kept hearing about this Lake Wazee place 5 minutes from my house. All but three dives have been in Wazee, due to my close proximity. Last summer I dove the E.R. Williams with Shoreline Charters, then got weathered out the second day. Great Lakes diving opened up a whole new world for me, which I plan on exploring this summer.

I dive mainly at Wazee during the week from the time ice melts until ice forms, plus once or twice for Wazee Sports ice dive weekends. I work the graveyard shift, so I can dive early morning or early afternoon. I'm always open to new dive partners, who are safety-minded.

I'm signed up with the LenDer, Feb 15 for a winter charter. Looking forward to that.

Glad to be part of this board!
01-16-2004, 10:57 PM,
Welcome aboard.

There are a lot of divers on this boardthat dive Lake Wazee. Early mornings on weekends are common for us. JUst checked and I have 112 dives at Lake Wazee. Can not wait to get back there for some Ice Diving.

See you at the lake.

Doug
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2005, 09:49 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Bio: Paul Lothary
Name: Paul Lothary

Age: Old enough to know better, young enough to still be able to get'er done

Training:   IANTD Adv. Divemaster; Full Technical Cave (Sidemount, DPV, , Stage, Solo, Deco), No Mount; PADI Divemaster; TDI Adv Trimix; ARC Lifeguard, O2 Prof. Rescuer, AED, PDT, 2005 CPR; 2005 02 Provider

Dives: 300+ Year round to 230', Doubles, Stage, , , Solo, , Ice, , Salt, Mines;(funded by NOAA, UW-Sea Grant, WISDOT) Research Diver 2004-5 (Pretoria, Fedora, Sevona, Noque Bay, Lucerne, Ottowa- mosaic videography/ DPV Operator; Iris, Oceanwave, Daniel Lyons- Underwater Survey; Lake Monona artifact survey 2004); Exploration Team Diver; ; 2004 Blue Spring (AL) Cave Survey Project; Assistant, History Channel Digging For The Truth: "Rock Lake Pyramids".
For 2004, 130 dives: 90 logged hours underwater, 50 hours in overhead

Currently attending:  PADI A.I., DSAT Gas Blender

Goals:  Winning the lottery and buying one of those and just going from cave to cave in style... No seriously, doing my IDC, more cave dives in , , and Great Lakes wreck Dives, esp , Huron, ; finishing up achieving my (100 safe Cave Dives), exploring new wet and dry cave in Wisconsin, discovering the mysteries of Castle Rock and Piquette and finding more time to work with all the great nonprofit organizations we have here in Wisconsin, including and

Configuration: Hogarthian, unintentionally (when backmounting) . Double 130's, ATX 200's, Drysuit with pockets, Jets with springs, sidemount configurable- modified Halcyon BP/ Explorer system, Sidemount system,  18w can, longhose, 6cf Argon, Stages= 40cf o2, 30cf 70', 80cf 120'; Scooters: Oceanic Mako on loan courtesy of

Proudest Accomplishment: Earning the right to wear the line arrow pendant that goes with me everywhere...

Attitude: I have a proven track record of going to bat on difficult issues relating to diver safety, site conservation and continued access for future divers even at personal expense. Personally I will dive with anyone who has good buoyancy, technique, gas management  and situational awareness; skills and experience to compliment their training level.  Safety above all else, slow and safe ascents are mandatory. You won't see me pushing everyone off the line to race to the surface. Plan your dive, and dive your plan. Call me 920-723-3031 or email lothary@cavediver.net if you're looking for anyone to dive with, anywhere in the Midwest, from boat or shore!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb    out.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.26 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Lothary Milw Car Ferry sm.jpg_thumb (Size: 20.41 KB / Downloads: 0)