Remember me
Lost Password Register

Roatan Trip Report
01-22-2006, 08:16 AM,
Re: Roatan Trip Report
Colin, Yep we are taking TACA and have heard horror stories. Planning on important stuff in carryon's. (mask and reg)

We are taking a suitcase full of toys for the kids at the Roatan orphanage. If that one is delayed a day or two it's okay.  Hopefully not the scuba gear LOL.

We chose the place because of the shore diving. My hubby hates boat diving and I hopefully can get him in the water at least 3 times. I am the fanatic diver in the family.

Some one suggested cactus juice lotion for the no see ums. Hope fully it will do the job

Getting anxious

gail
01-23-2006, 08:46 AM,

not just losing reservations, they're pretty good at losing luggage.
When we went to Belize the last flight from the mainland to the cay every night was called the luggage flight, which had all the luggage lost from the previous day's flights being transfered over to it's owners. (ours included).  Nothing was lost permanently (at least for us) nor stolen, they were just plain LOUSY at baggage handling. :o
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM,
I hear you Scott....

When I went to the airport to pre-check and get boarding passes for my group I had 16 tickets from Continental and 11 from TACA.

Any guesses which ones got done faster?

Wrong! It was Continental in about 15 minutes, while the TACA folks took about 2 hours, which of course included a group discussion behind the counter.

I'm trying to think of what they call that......hmmmmm.......customer service????

Colin.
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM,
my favorite bit were the roaches running around in the dreaded 'terminal D' and Geo. HW Bush International Airport in Tx. Sad

Although I did LOVE being the tallest person in line by over 1.5' ;D