Remember me
Lost Password Register

for all those cool-*ss guys out there with sport wagons
01-18-2006, 07:54 PM,
for all those cool-*ss guys out there with sport wagons
The BMW 325xi wagon is the all-wheel-drive variation of the redesigned, highly praised, 3-series. It doesn't offer the biggest engine that the sedan/coupe does, and there's no M-wagon yet, but the LA Times' Dan Neil is still in love with it. And he wants to set you--and by "you," I mean "Spike TV watchers"--up with it.

According to his review today, every real man should buy an awesome sport wagon like the 325xi before he's 30. Why, you may ask? In a word: babes:

It's important to read cars as women read them, as the material adjuncts of a man's inner life. (Attention, gay men: The same rules apply, give or take a sweater.) Sports cars are needy, trucks are desperate, boxy crossovers and active-lifestyle SUVs scream "focus-group patsy" — women sense these things with an atavism that is a marvel to behold. A sports wagon, by contrast, conveys an effortless and consolidated sense of self, a worldliness and maturity. You are more than just available; you're eligible.

taken from

01-18-2006, 08:20 PM,
Re: for all those cool-*ss guys out there with sport wagons
What does my '86 VW with 165,000 miles say? Probably not what I hope it does. Sad
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM,
As long as we're dreaming, I'll take a used Audi S6 Avant or a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Wagon.  A BMW 540i Touring would be OK too.  Any of these would have a bunch more room than the 3 series for hauling gear.

In the mean time, I'll have to settle for my little ol' slow Volvo wagon....got torque? 
01-24-2006, 08:52 AM,
my college roomate had a high-end volvo wagon.  That thing moved. 
01-24-2006, 01:04 PM,
Chris' car is far from a "high end" Volvo.  In fact, his Volvo is more like a bastard stepchild with a temper.  Its a 5.0 V8 conversion and a whole lot of fun to drive.  I still prefer my "URABUS" WRX Sportwagon but there's nothing like the rumble of a pushrod V8 for effect.  You can also fit 3 divers and their gear in his car (doubles and deco).  Not too many sportwagons can make that claim.