Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
02-01-2006, 08:14 AM,
Re: Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
C'mon Smile  You know you want to!  All the cool kids are doing it Smile
02-01-2006, 08:22 AM,
Tell her? She should be able to figure that out ;D.
02-01-2006, 08:23 AM,
Maybe "some" of the cool kids are ;D. I have to work.
02-01-2006, 09:20 AM,
Sunday is open too.  George wants to go then, so if Sat. doesn't work, it looks like we might be going Sunday.
02-01-2006, 10:15 PM,
These conditions are about the same as they were at the end of December.  My ice fishing buddies say that there has not been any good ice made since mid-December. 

I could see some diving on Sunday.  Hopefully the after effects of the head cold that I had last week will be gone by then.

Need to dive.

Doug

02-03-2006, 04:17 PM,
Sent Keith an email about this weekend and here is the reply.  I guess the pool is still open.....

Hi Keith,

I was just wondering if you are still having your ice diving social this Saturday.  Not sure about ice conditions on Wazee so I was curious.  Thanks.

Todd Janquart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No ice what so ever.
We will be going out for a dive on the 4th.
Keith

02-05-2006, 03:08 PM,
We went diving at Sherwood Forest a couple of us did on Saturday and their was a nice little crowd out diving.  Weather was brisk and the water read 34 degrees on my computer.  We stayed in the shallows of Sherwood Forest, nothing over 25 feet and I estimate the vis was 15-20 feet at best.  My neck seal needs replacement and slowly leaked water into my undergarments from the beginning, so I only made it 15 minutes before I got out.

I'd say 10% of the lake has ice and that's some of the little inlets and sheltered areas.  The little ice that is there would most likely be too thin to walk on.

Well maybe next year we can get some good ice.

Andy
02-28-2006, 01:14 AM,
Many of you probably got this email from Keith at Wazee Sports, but I'll copy it here, in case you didn't get it:

Lake Conditions:
Frozen!!!! The lake finally did freeze over 2 weeks ago.  This will
now
allow us to enjoy that great winter activity, that some of us have been
waiting for. The warm conditions this winter did allow for a large
group of
divers to get in a dive on February 4th. We had divers up from
Milwaukee and
down from the Twin Cities enjoying the great weather conditions.

Ice Diver Specialty Course:
March 3rd Class room 6-10 March 4th Diving starts at 9
Course Cost is $125. Prerequisite is Advanced Open Water
Call Toady

Ice Social:
March 4th. The Event will start at 10 am. The fee is $15.00. Non diver
$5.00
We will cut the holes in the ice and provide the ropes, harnesses, warm
changing trailer, and a hot meal with hot chocolate and hot apple
cider. You
need to register by February 28. The Park Dive Fee is not included in
our
fee. We will have the annual dive pass available at the lake that day.

Keith Cormican
Wazee Sports Center LLC
942 Red Iron Rd.
Black River Falls WI 54615
715-284-5181
scuba@wazeesports.com

I am making the food and the menu will include homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles, red beans and rice with ham and andouille sausage, cake, brownies, and cheese and sausage.

Hope to see you all there.  We have had two weeks of consistently cold weather, so I would imagine there is at least 8-10 inches of ice to stand on.  I'll try to get out there later this week and chop a hole in the ice near the wall to verify the ice conditions.

Hope to see you all there.

Andy
02-28-2006, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2006, 01:06 AM by mrclean.)
Up to the minute ice report.  I went out this afternoon and chopped a hole in the ice over by the wall where we normally cut the hole.  Ice is about 6-8 inches thick.  This will make it much easier to cut the hole compared to 2 foot ice chunks to lift out of the hole.

Who's coming to the social.  I'm trying to get an idea on how much food to prepare.

Andy
03-01-2006, 08:15 AM,

I had knee surgery a week ago so I'm out.  However, this is the best ice dive event I've attended.  It is hard to beat somebody else cutting the hole, and warm food and drinks throughout the day.  Besides, you might be lucky enough to see Andy in a tanktop!    Get out and have a bunch of fun!