Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
12-22-2005, 10:37 PM,
Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
Here's the scoop ladies and gentlemen for the upcoming ice diving dates through Wazee Sports:

Saturday, February 4, 2006
Saturday, March 4, 2006

Preparation of the diving area and cutting holes will commence at 9:00 AM.  Wazee Sports will be providing line tending ropes, ice harnesses, and hot water as usual.  Also, food and drink will be provided for a nominal fee of $10 for divers and $5 for non-divers.  Remember that Wazee Park scuba fees still apply and need to be paid at the contact station.  There are no vehicle fees during the wintertime though.

Please email keith@wazeesports.com to RSVP.  We would like to have a general idea of who is attending so I can prepare food for the social.

Hope to see you all there.

Andy

P.S. Current ice conditions at Wazee...no ice yet.  We've got 5 weeks to make ice suitable for ice diving.
12-23-2005, 06:40 PM,
Re: Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
No ice yet!  Time for a quick dive before Christmas!

Doug

12-24-2005, 08:21 AM,
Oh man, I would so be up for that right now.  Unfortunately, my drysuit is MIA, back at the factory getting a new zipper.
12-24-2005, 08:57 AM,

That isn't very encouraging.  How many dives do you have on that suit?  Are they charging you for the repair?  Turn around time?  Cost?  The only time I have had any personal contact with Bare, I might as well have called the produce section at my local grocery store.  I would have gotten similar product knowledge about the drysuit. 
The fact that my suit arrived with a hole in it didn't really help my enthusiasm about the whole situation.
12-24-2005, 09:11 AM,
I've got around 160 dives on the suit over the past two, two and a half years.  I sent it off right after I got back from Missouri...definitely getting charged for the zipper, but not sure on the cost yet. 

The thing was coming apart on the bottom right, there are a few things glued into the suit to hold the zipper together and they were all coming apart, causing the zipper to start going bad. 

Hopefully I have a better experience with their service dept.
12-24-2005, 02:01 PM,
This is the same zipper failure that I had in my old suit.

Lake Wazee is iced over.  Not by much, but it is covered.  May melt off in this weather.

Doug
01-30-2006, 12:02 PM,
Is the ice diving social still on and anyone plan on going?  I need to get in the damn water and reconstitute my constitution.
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM,
I can't make the FEB ice dive, hopefully I'll be able to do the MAR event.
What are your and Chris's schedules looking like for March?

Also, we might get a little more ice as we get closer to spring ???
what is up with this weather!?
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM,
I hope that I am well enough to go this weekend.  Been fighting a killer head cold.  Keep me posted if Wazee Sport in on this weekend.

Doug

01-31-2006, 09:27 AM,
Crickets............. :Smile