Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry Gloves
12-22-2005, 05:44 PM,
Re: Dry Gloves
I haven't used the Viking rings, but on my old suit that had the pull over gloves vs the newer style Si-tec that I currently use it seemed that I was constantly pulling the damn glove off of the ring during a dive.  I have long arms (here's your chance Todd ;D), and my new suit fits a bit better, but I like the Si-Tec gloves with the O ring and stuff.  They haven't been without their problems, but if they leak you know it right away and can hopefully get it quickly fixed before proceeding.    I use the Atlas gloves from Seattle Marine.  I am using patagonia fleece liners.  I couldn't agree more with Ethan regarding the Michael Jackson gloves that come with some of the dry gloves on the market.  They are useless.
12-22-2005, 07:07 PM,
I have the Si-Tech system myself.  I have used the Atlas gloves (smurf gloves) and they have been pretty reliable in regards to punctures and cuts.  I use a thin polypro glove liner under wool surplus liners and my hands stay pretty warm.  I recently tried a chemical glove from Greg.  I was able to just pull them over the cuff ring and they sealed fine, no leaks.  I have been using them lately and have had good success.  I think the Atlas gloves will be warmer but those chemical gloves are sure easy to don.
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM,
Finally got my dry gloves ( had to get a new drysuit that fit ) first.
I decided on the Viking  bayonet glove system.  Now to get my hubby to install these things. Looks kinda scary to me.  Big Grin

Looking forward to dry/warm hands.

gail
04-18-2006, 11:49 PM,
Look forward to diving with you again.  Let me know when you would like to meet up and go.  Test out those gloves.

Ice out on Fortune lake?

Doug
04-19-2006, 07:04 AM,
They are fairly simple to install.  If you have queastion you can call me.  It is more then I care to type.  Or I am sure the guys you got them from could help.
04-28-2006, 03:29 PM,
Dry gloves are on and did a test run in a pail of water. No leaks. ;D
Gonna try them out on Sunday somewhere over by Minocqua.

Only problem I can see is, I will need help getting the cuffs locked. Arthritis has hit parts of my fingers and they are weak.  Is it okay to ask for help from others ?  Wink

gail
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM,
Only if you can trust them ;D.
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM,
I will help you.  But watch out for some of these other guys, they are a little shady.

Doug
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM,

There's no need to rotate them all the way to get a good seal.  Even halfway is enough.  I usually avoided rotating them all the way, because it made them very difficult to remove. 

Ethan
05-07-2006, 06:35 PM,
I love my dry gloves, I love my dry gloves, I love my dry gloves. Get the point I love my new dry gloves.  Sure wish I had gotten them earlier....

Only dove in 47 degree water today but my hands were warm. I had no idea a dry glove would get a squeeze. Put tubing between the wrist seal and glove. So don't know where the squeeze came from.  Is this usuall ?

gail