Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bill Moyers Keynote...
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM,
Bill Moyers Keynote...
I know this is WAY off topic for some since most people don't like to discuss politics, but I invite you to listen to this keynote Bill Moyers gave this past Friday at a conference hosted by the National Security Archive, a research institute and library located at The George Washington University which publishes declassified documents acquired through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).  If you can handle the first hour, it's an interesting speech from Mr. Moyers, and one that should shed some light on how our government has dealt with the handling of classified information with the press and its citizens over the past 20 years. And yes, you can listen to it and work at the same time, so no excuses!

The MP3 (audio only) of the speech can be found here:
But if you prefer video (RealPlayer Required), you can use this link: rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e120905_archives.rm

For more information, please visit the Nation Security Archive at

Enjoy kids...
12-12-2005, 07:05 PM,
Re: Bill Moyers Keynote...

The FIRST hour?  :o
12-12-2005, 07:42 PM,
In a 2003 interview with buzzflash.com, Moyers said "The corporate right and the political right declared class warfare on working people a quarter of a century ago and they've won...

I suspect that I will not be listening to this speech.

Doug
12-13-2005, 02:36 PM,
Me neither...he's a clown. :Smile
12-14-2005, 11:20 AM,
I've disagreed with a lot of things in the media over the years, but it doesn't stop me from listening and watching other people's viewpoints, no matter how crazy their claims may be. Take Bill O'Reilly for example. I like to listen to his viewpoints, but I don't always agree with what he says...

Listening to what others have to say helps me make a more informed decsion on my own instead of taking all the media's talking points for granted.

Here's to keeping an open mind...
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM,
I do not disagree with this logic.  I have always listened to different viewpoints, but sometimes I put a time limit on it.

Doug