Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wisconsin Personal Protection Act
12-08-2005, 08:25 AM,
Wisconsin Personal Protection Act
I know there will be a few people interested in this on the board, I remember the guns & diving thread awhile back Smile

The state assembly is going to be voting on the Personal Protection act on December 13th.  The state senate has already passed it.

It will allow licensed & trained Wisconsin citizens to carry concealed handguns for self-defense.  Wisconsin is one of the few states that doesn't allow this right now.

If you enjoy shooting sports and/or would like to see this act passed, check out the Concealed Carry Wisconsin website and email/call your state assembly man/woman.

Article about Senate passing bill

You can use this form to find out who your state legislators are.
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2006, 06:03 PM by matt t..)
Re: Wisconsin Personal Protection Act
A little closer. Quote from the "Wisconsin concealed carry" web site.
"Madison - 01.17.06

This afternoon, the state Senate voted 28 to 5 to concur on the Personal Protection Act concealed carry bill as it had been amended by the Assembly last month. It will be delivered to Governor Doyle's desk by the end of today. (Note: the 28 votes in favor of concurrence does not mean that we have 28 votes for the bill).

Governor Doyle now has seven days in which to veto the bill, which he has already promised to do.

A Senate veto override session may happen as soon as the end of next week. It is almost certain that we will have the votes in the Senate to override Doyle's veto."

Keep your fingers crossed.
01-18-2006, 06:02 PM,
I just heard on the radio yesterday the the Gov was set to Veto the bill, and then heard gunshots....no wait, then heard that there is a possibility that he can't veto it because there may be enough votes wherever it goes before the governor gets it.  I think they needed 2 more votes for it and then the Gov couldn't veto it.

Politics suck!  That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
01-18-2006, 06:03 PM,
I just heard on the radio yesterday the the Gov was set to Veto the bill, and then heard gunshots....no wait, then heard that there is a possibility that he can't veto it because there may be enough votes wherever it goes before the governor gets it.  I think they needed 2 more votes for it and then the Gov couldn't veto it.

Politics suck!   That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
[/quote]
Edited my post above after doing a little more digging. If he heard the shots they must have missed :'(. They always say you never hear the one that gets you >Big Grin.
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM,

And your guns locked and loaded!
01-18-2006, 07:46 PM,

And your guns locked and loaded!
[/quote]
And concealed ;D.