Remember me
Lost Password Register

dive areas in the racine area
06-19-2003, 07:34 AM,
dive areas in the racine area
other than lake michagan what are the good places to dive around here. i m in north western racine county. normaly i go up to devils lake or lannon. i was just wondering if there is anywere to go for a quick dip close by. how is pleasent lake? rock? others?
06-19-2003, 08:59 AM,
Re:dive areas in the racine area
Plesant lake is good, I have pictures posted on another thread of it for more details.

Rock lake is starting to green over right now. It is better in the spring or fall.

If you have a dive kayak, bot a boat, then Beaver Lake is very nice- just to the north of you.

If you have a boat, not a dive kayak, Lake Genvea has some nice divng, but a LOT of boat traffic.

Racine Quarry used to be good and then it just truned to crap a couple years ago. It might be ok if you hit it on the right day early in the season.

If you want to make the drive, and pay the $15, you could go to Pearl Lake in South Beloit. You need a buddy and it is a better dive site during the week than on the weekend- NO freediving or snorkeling allowed here!

Pine lake is good if you have a boat.

The Madison lakes were nice earlier in the year. THey are all getting very green right now.

THere are other places further north if your willing to drive: Lake Wazze, Red Granite Quarry, Lake Lucerne, Lake Owen, Boot Lake, Bass Lake, and others.

A good place to look for new lakes to dive is LAKESAT.org
It is part of a university of Wisconsin project that checks lake clarity by satillite.

Hope that helps,

Jon