Remember me
Lost Password Register

Forgetting scuba
06-18-2003, 10:01 PM,
Forgetting scuba
What have you forgotten while going scuba diving?? egg..fins?..weight belt??

anyone ever forget a BCD .. please tell me im not the only dufuss around... I couldnt believe it. I opened my bag and it looked a lil emptier.. then as I was trying to figure it out it dawned on me i couldnt get the tank strap wet... i didnt have my bcd,,,, 2 hours up north and what do I have ?? luckly it was a good night to go snorkeling...
Saw 3 good size musky
06-19-2003, 04:52 AM,
Re:Forgetting scuba
I never really forgot something to prevent me from diving. Once, though, I brought my wife's booties instead of mine. Good thing neoprene stretches like it does. I did the dive with hers on.
06-19-2003, 06:05 AM,
I've forgotten my fins before...I have a size 15 foot and I did the dive in a pair of fins that someone who is like a size 9 usually wore...
06-19-2003, 06:16 AM,
I have a size 15 foot

Who needs fins?? Wink

Jon
06-19-2003, 06:17 AM,
Good point =)

Honestly though....it was tough finding a pair that would fit me!
06-19-2003, 08:07 AM,
Only thing I've ever forgotten is my mask (twice) :'(
luckily my buddy had a spare once, and I was close enough
to home to go back and get it once.
06-19-2003, 09:01 AM,
I forgot my mask last year at lake ore-be-gone. Thankfully there was a dive shop 10 minutes away. It was still pretty embarrassing though.

My dive buddy lost a turtle fin up at Silver Bay a month ago. He let it slip out of his hand by a breakwall and the fin got sucked into a little cave in the wall. He had to drive back to the cities to get his other fins. Roundtrip time = 8 hours. Ouch.
--Jason
06-19-2003, 10:44 AM,
Sure...rub it in man. :-[
06-19-2003, 01:08 PM,
8 Hours!!!
I think that's when you strap on some extra weight, let all the air out of your drysuit and just 'hard hat' style dive...
just walk around on the bottom, no fins ;D
06-19-2003, 01:42 PM,
Naaaahhh....

You just get right up above and behind your buddy...sloooowly stretch your arm out....and ever so gently place your hand on his tank right up by the valve. Hang on and let him tow ya =)