Remember me
Lost Password Register

Connors Lake, Sawyer County?
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM,
Connors Lake, Sawyer County?
Anyone ever dove a place called Connors Lake in Sawyer County, by Phillips, WI?  Is it good/bad?  If not that lake, does anyone have any info on good lakes near Phillips?
09-15-2005, 06:37 PM,
Re: Connors Lake, Sawyer County?
Hey,I live in Phillips.
Connors is good but it's shallow  forever if you go off the picnic area (do you know the scuba crawl LOL)

Have been wanting to go off the boat landing there. But just haven't.

In Phillips, if I truly want to dive I go to Lake 10 off hwy 110.  If you go to the right at the park you run into trees that have huge limbs in the water. (watch your head) and to the left in about 10-15 feet of water you will run into some sunken wooden row boats.

The big thing I find is mysterious. In Lake 10. Some spots to the left are cold and very deep in different spots also very dark ????
Have never tried to go down because the vis in about 5 feet in those areas. (cold springs ??)
My regular buddy lives in Minocqua and doesn't like low vis lakes. So I don't just know what is there.

In Lake 10 it is rumored that there is an old beer carrige that sunk trying to get to the island ??

gail 
09-15-2005, 06:43 PM,
Re: Connors Lake, Sawyer County?
Cool...thanks for the info.  I'm not diving this weekend, but a friend of mine has an OW class up there that needs to do their checkouts, so he's looking for a place to take them.  I will pass on the info!