Remember me
Lost Password Register

RYLO Celebrates Togetherness!
09-13-2005, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2005, 09:57 AM by eric myers.)
RYLO Celebrates Togetherness!
The Dive Boat 'RYLO' Celebrates her first Couple to be Engaged During a Charter!

From the files of Capt Bill aboard the dive boat RYLO, Racine WI. Capt Bill thought he had seen it all but diver Scott managed to surprise him. Tirelessly coordinated by Instructor Rich, of Deep Blue dive shop, the plan was that Capt Bill would take Scott, Lou Ann, and Instructor Rich to the wreck, "The Lumberman", located off Oak Creek WI in beautiful Lake Michigan.  This wreck sits in 65ft of water and is very pristine for sailing vessel that went down in 1893.  Diver Scott purposed to ask his girlfriend to marry him during the dive. Instructor Rich brought to the wreck and small wooden box with a ring and a dive slate saying will you marry me. Surprise was the order of the day when Lou Ann opened the box. She said yes and upon coming to the surface she was present with her real ring.
In 35 years of diving this was a first for Capt Bill. We all know that seeing a wreck for the first time is a life changing experience, but this is one the happy couple will never forget.
09-13-2005, 06:34 PM,
Re: RYLO Celebrates Togetherness!
That's awesome.  I had thought about doing something like that myself when I asked that question...cool idea.
09-13-2005, 07:55 PM,
Eric,

I have to tell you that this was the first time diving with your father and I must say he did a great job. 

It was a great day as they descended along the line and swam to the bow of the lumberman as I discreetly hid the chest near the stern of the boat.  Earlier that day Lee Ann asked me what I would do if I ever found anything on a wreck and I told her “I would leave it down there as it should be left for all of us to enjoy” immediately after saying that I thought to myself what is she going to do when she finds the chest?  Well once she found it she did not want to open it until I motioned that it is OK.  I was about 5 feet away wearing a 5mm hood and clear as day I heard “OH MY GOD!!!!!    YES!!” screamed out repeatedly through her regulator.

I have will post pictures of the lucky soon to be groom and bride including the underwater photos shortly.

This was a wonderful day for everyone involved as the weather was perfect the boat ran great and of course she said yes!!!

I hope to dive with you soon

Rich
Deep Blue

09-13-2005, 09:18 PM,
Photos of the Couple that “Took the Plunge”

Group photo with the chest not mine the chest that held the ring!

A happy ending for the crew and the soon to be bride
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM,
YEAH...THATS JUST FLAT OUT COOL
CONGRATS
DEANO