Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wreck found off Portwashinton,Wi
09-01-2005, 02:04 PM,
Re: Wreck found off Portwashinton,Wi
I have removed Inferno's post from this thread.

This is a friendly forum.  If you can not keep unkind remarks toward the members out of your posts, do not post.

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any issues with this decision.
09-01-2005, 02:23 PM,
To Omicron:
Thanks for sinking Inferno.  I was frustrated at those remarks and a brand new subscriber on his very first post...smelled both Freudian and coward to me.  I wrote a flame back and deleted it because I did not want to start a fire.  Congrats to Brad. Keep on diving, revel and savor your discovery.  After eighteen years of diving I thought I knew all about wreck diving politics until this week....

If this post is not appropriate feel free to nuke it too.

09-01-2005, 02:34 PM,
No, not inappropriate at all...

Just glad I'm not the only one that thought it was a little out of line..

09-01-2005, 02:37 PM,
If you are going to trash me at least have the decency to show what i wrote.  This just goes to show that anyone can find a wreck.  If and when you do find something take the time to reaserch it before you do an uncontrolled ascent and start screaming to the papers.  As to your remarks, I know why I never posted on this thing before... It will just be censored.  Glad to have "inflamed"you.  At least that means you are thinking. Which is afterall the reason for a discussion.  The Truth hurts I guess. 
Never argue with an idiot... They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
09-01-2005, 03:08 PM,
This is an open forum, and everyone is allowed to post their opinions as they see fit.  If you read through the multitude of posts on this forum, you will see that we support an extremely diverse group of people.  There are a HUGE variety of opinions on a huge variety of topics.  So far everyone has manage to express their opinions on these topics in an intelligent and respectful manner.

You are more than welcome to make your opinions known on this topic.  However - if you can not do so an a respectful manner, your posts will be removed.  No one here wants to read that sort of junk.

You are not being singled out - you are neither the first person to have their posts removed on an internet forum, nor will you be the last. 

You are also not being trashed.  It is the policy of this board, at the requet of the users of it, that moderations be done "publicly" - ie, announcing that a moderation was made and why.  The reasoning behind this is so that everyone knows when moderations occur - we do not want the atmosphere of posts mysteriously disappearing like other forums.

If you have any further questions on this, please feel free to contact me privately.
09-01-2005, 04:39 PM,
Omicron,

I agree with your move.
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM,
Fair enough, there was one part of my comment that could be considered to be out of line and I apologize if that offended anyone.  The fact remains that it is kind of amazing to find a mostly flat shipwreck with a cheap fish finder.  It is difficult to find a flat shipwreck with an Expensive sidescan sonar.  I would be interested to hear what kind of research went into laying out the search grid and how much territory was covered in order to make the discovery or was it just luck. 
Never argue with an idiot... They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
09-06-2005, 08:40 AM,
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here Brad.  Congratulations if you actually have an original find on your hands.  Not sure what you mean by your quote either.  I am not big on movies as I prefer to spend my time diving.

Everyone with a boat has had to find a wreck with poor numbers at one point in time.  It does not mean that you have discovered anything.  Most of the wrecks that are visited today were discovered when Loran was the navigation method of choice.  Early 5 digit GPS numbers are out there too.  This will get you in the general are but most old timers will tell you that they did things like that routinely. 

Never been a dive instructor...sorry.  Just a bit of scuba humor that I threw in an effort to keep my post clean but still convey my message. 
09-06-2005, 11:42 AM,
Congratulations on your errrrr.... find?

It was still fun even if you weren't the first There's nothing like seeing something very few get to see, glory-hunting is a competitive and difficult endeaver as you've discovered. The hell with the glory, leave it for the greedy and the authors. Me, I just want to dive.

/ reminds me of the 'winning lottery ticket' I had once, I matched all 6 of the numbers on TV; called wife at work, jumped up and down screaming like a girl
// then shortly realized that I had in my hands the printout from yesterday's numbers
/// story of my life
09-07-2005, 06:13 AM,
You are not the only one confused....