Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wreck found off Portwashinton,Wi
08-29-2005, 10:35 AM,
Re: Wreck found off Portwashinton,Wi

This wreck had quite of bit of disscusion at Ghost Ships last year, so I sent out an email this morning to get a slight clarification.  Apearrently it was first discovered in 1999 By Paul Ehorn and Butch Klopp, then recently (1-2 years ago) by Brendon, and again this year by yourself.  A independent find takes a lot of work, regardless of the history, so congradulations!
I don't understand your comments regarding the state or you seeking slavage rights?  
08-29-2005, 11:01 AM,
See the post from Brendon Baillod regarding this wrecksite at the top of the page here :

Congratulations on the find...
08-29-2005, 04:43 PM,
I owe you big You got PM me or e-mail,
08-29-2005, 05:57 PM,
[ I promise I'll wear a blindfold on the way out, so I can't see your GPS
numbers ;D.
Quote:
I would have to shoot you,
But MMMMMMMMMMMM you got a set of nice doubles? cold water reg? come on up! we will do a night dive!
joke,just a joke!! Wink
I was told there was nothing on the site!
Soon,Im sure some opp will start diving  her soon,I will just wait in the weeds.
Brad
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM,

I don't understand your comments regarding the state or you seeking slavage rights?  
Quote:
Greg
No way,Just like to see that this site gets the states protection,Man no salvage rights! you ever drop a  new or newbie diver on a wreck  and see the look as they see thing's they never have seen before,may be old to you or junk,or a lame dive,Man I get a thrill just like the day I did my first dive!
  You ask a bunch of folks on this site,new divers old divers  ,hell Im still a new diver! about me taking them out on dives,no cash,no beer,no gas hell now I may need gas $$ ok CoastGuard get me! I love to dive! And have got to know a great group of dive pals,Just lost one a few months back,Im not bustin any dive charters nut,fact I send them divers! well I must go,but no salvage.
Brad 
08-30-2005, 09:13 PM,
think of it this way......you still discovered a wreck...on your own....and even if you really only re discovered it.....you are in good company............i still say congrats
08-31-2005, 05:25 AM,
deck

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   100_1983.JPG_thumb (Size: 24.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-31-2005, 05:27 AM,
Mike Shooting video,Anchor hub

.jpg_thumb   100_1993.JPG_thumb (Size: 24.96 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-31-2005, 05:28 AM,
hook on deck

.jpg_thumb   100_1985.JPG_thumb (Size: 35.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-31-2005, 09:14 AM,
Apparently, this story made the ticker tape on the Wausau/Stevens Point news.