Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where is everyone diving this weekend?
06-17-2003, 07:18 PM,
Re:Where is everyone diving this weekend?
How does that work!? You aren't even married! I have one, but I had to buy it myself. Funny thing is that Todd dove with it and I haven't yet. We are going to Copper Harbor this weekend, and My 130 should see some use there.
06-17-2003, 07:56 PM,
Hehe - it looked pretty good on Todd, too ;D

I couldn't believe that I got that for a present either...talk about ear to ear grins!
06-17-2003, 08:25 PM,
I just got out of Lake Monona about 20 minutes ago. The lakes around here are starting to get very green. I was out there for about 4 hours last Saturday and had at least 10' of vis. Today I didn't even have 5'. THe water is warm and the fish are everywhere.

Tomorrow night it's freediving out on Lake Michigan- at least there will be vis out there! ;D

BTW: Nice gift - the new tank! My wife got me an early birthday present last week- a new speargun. I tried it out Saturday and got a bunch of bluegill, crappie, and perch. Tonight I could hardly see to the end of the gun. :'(

Jon
06-17-2003, 08:29 PM,
It's depressing how quick the visibility disappears around here. Even Lake Wazee was getting a little cloudy for us last weekend.

But - like you said, Lake Michigan is coming up! I'm looking forward to my weekend in Munising. It's a great place to dive because the wrecks are so close. You can actually get a couple of dives in on wrecks and be back to shore by noon with plenty of time to get more fun stuff in, like snorkeling and trying to freedive near the sea caves and such.

Sounds like your wife understands your addiction as much as my girlfriend understands mine Smile Luckily mine is a diver too, otherwise she'd probably hate me...heh.
06-17-2003, 08:54 PM,
What kind of gun did you get? I am looking but not too many people know enough about them around here.

Brian
06-17-2003, 09:57 PM,
I tried spear fishing for the first time this past weekend in Paul Lake (western MN). I borrowed a gun from Fred Johnson. Man was that fun. I felt like rambo out there.
--Jason
06-17-2003, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2003, 10:51 PM by Vtach.)
COPPER HARBOR, MI---gonna dive the Mesquite and Langham, weather permitting obviously, otherwise Fanny Hooe will have to dooe!! (I can hear the languid "EHHHHHHHS" as I type.)

Sorry Chris, I could not resist having your virgin tank and not being the first one to dive it. After all, I did fill it for you....twice now ;D I guess thats the benefit of squeezing 17 boxed scuba tanks in a Dodge Durango and driving from Fond du Lac to Milwaukee to Stevens Point and back to Fond du Lac (with a 6yr old and 4 yr old in car seats). But it was worth the trip to get my new E8 119 doubles, I have suddenly found scuba zen.....and it is warm...and soft...... OK OK OK back to reality

Omicron, when you getting married? Are you getting married underwater? How are you gonna say your vows with a Poseidon in your mouth? Can fish throw rice? ;D You know you have a good catch when they understand what makes you tick and DON'T have a problem with it!!
06-18-2003, 08:29 AM,
I bought a Rob Allen Railgun.
They're made in South Africa and they are very accurate.

I also have a couple fo other guns. One is hand made by a guy named Darrel Wong in Hawaii. I won it in a contest and it is really to big for around here. It would be a sweet gun for diving in the Ocean.
I also bought another gun from a shop around here, and your right about local shops not knowing anything about spearfishing, and it was a dud. Now it just sits in my basement because it is useless to fish with.

A friend of mine had a JBL that he used to like, but now he just had a mid-handled wooden gun cutsom made for him by a guy in Hawaii. The JBL seems pretty darn clunky compared to that thing.

IF you have the cash a RIFFE gun is awesome. I tend to like a nice Eurogun for the fish that we go for around here. Euroguns are smaller, lighter, faster, and quicker to reload. Plus, if you get one big enough you can take down a tuna! ;D
Not something you can do with a pnuematic or a JBL.

Fred's a good guy and I had hoped to get out diving with him sometime this summer. I know that where he's from, North Dakota, I believe you can even spear game fish.

Jon
06-18-2003, 08:47 AM,

Dirty words, vtach, dirty words. I'm plugging my ears and going "la la la la la la la"

;D
06-18-2003, 09:21 PM,
Jason,

Can you go "la la la la " through a Posiden regulator?

Doug