Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where is everyone diving this weekend?
06-13-2003, 02:12 PM,
Where is everyone diving this weekend?
Where is everyone diving? I'm headed out to the Detroit Lakes area in western Minnesota -- about 3 hours west of Minneapolis. I'll be with a group of people camping and diving out there. Supposedly there are dozens of lakes with good viz in that area ranging from 25-75 ft deep. The area boasts 412 lakes within a 20-mile radius. I love trying new dive sites!
--Jason
06-13-2003, 07:32 PM,
Re:Where is everyone diving this weekend?
I'll be at the Urge to Submerge Dive Club picnic. We'll be diving the Niagara, then its off to the barbeque and festivites! :o Wink

Jim
06-16-2003, 07:21 AM,
I was camping and diving at Lake Wazee all weekend. Did a night dive on Thursday, went hiking/swimming on Friday and dove Saturday and Sunday. Got to see some new things in Wazee which was really cool and I had a great time.
06-16-2003, 11:18 AM,
I was with Jason at Lake Wazee. My daughter Megan was with and she had a lot of fun diving and swimming. Great weekend in Wisconsin.

Next weekend is Central Wisconsin Scuba Club dive in Devils Lake on Sunday. Maybe this time it will not storm while I am there. :Smile

Come on out if you can make it.

Doug
06-16-2003, 11:51 AM,
I drove up to Wazee for the DUI demo. Nice drysuits. I'd never used one before. Tempting but..$$$$. Hope to meet some of you at Devils on Sunday. What time will you be diving?

06-16-2003, 09:53 PM,
I believe that the Central Wisconsin Scuba Club will meet at Devils Lake at 10:00 a.m. at the south end. Have not seen any instructions at the website.

Will post if that changes.

Doug
06-17-2003, 04:44 AM,
Thanks. I'll try to make it.
06-17-2003, 03:23 PM,
I'll be missing out on the Devils Lake dive this weekend unfortunately - I want to dive that lake one of these days...I missed the event last year as well.

This weekend I'll be diving in Munising with a group of friends. We'll be doing the usual shipwrecks - the Selvick, Smith Moore, etc. I'm also looking forward to doing the shore dive behind the Munising high school, the abandoned pier. I had a GREAT time diving that last year and am looking forward to it again.

Plus, I get to dive with my new PST E8-130 tank that I got last night as an anniversary present. Woohoo! I ordered another one from my dive shop as well so I finally have a pair of my own tanks.
06-17-2003, 04:38 PM,
Sweet

Diving them with H-valve?

Going for Nitrox?

I like mine, without a doubt.

Doug
06-17-2003, 04:42 PM,
I'll be getting h-valves for them eventually, but not in too much of a hurry. I've got to wait for the shop to get another tank in (apparently about a week or so wait time on it) and then I'll look at it...

Whenever I buy the h-valves I need to buy a another poseidon regulator so that's around another $350 so I'm not in tooo much of a hurry.

But yeah - Nitrox is a definite plan now too =)