Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wheeewww... that smells!
08-09-2005, 08:52 AM,
Wheeewww... that smells!
Ok, maybe its some of the lakes I've been going to, maybe it's this intense heat this summer causing me to sweat a lot more than usual at the surface, or maybe there is some truth to calling them fartbags. Long story short, my drysuit has got an internal stench I cannot seem to get out. I've tried just a simple wash of the drysuit, tried placing a box of baking soda to try an absorb the smell, I've tried washing it out with MiraZyme (ala the directions on the bottle), and now I'm out of ideas....

Perhaps a more concentrated wash of MiraZyme? Any thoughts all?
08-09-2005, 09:35 AM,
Re: Wheeewww... that smells!
Don't go near it with a hangover, and stay away from women and children.  You should be fine.

Is it a shell suit or neoprene?
08-09-2005, 09:53 AM,
Shell...

One alternative might be to turn it inside out and let it sit outside in this heat... that might take care of the problem... if it damages my seals too much, that's ok since I've gotten a lot of mileage of this last set, and they need to be replaced soon.
08-09-2005, 11:16 AM,
maybe you need to take the tack of replacing the smell with something stronger.  pickle juice?  Big Grin
08-09-2005, 04:56 PM,
I am glad that with all of the diving I do, my gear does not get an offensive odor.  I know that my dive partners would agree.

Doug

08-09-2005, 05:07 PM,

I was going to suggest that Schultz just stand near you when he dives and nobody would know there was an issue with his suit stinking, but I thought that would have mean Wink
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM,
okay, okay, you guys ever think about wearing a wet suit when it is warm ???  Big Grin

you must have something else to wear ?
If not spend some money and try another suit.
And the smell will change a little  Big Grin

gail
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM,
Heh.  I never use my wetsuit.  Only in the tropics.

And I have to agree w/ Chris - dive with Doug, his underwear will mask all else Smile
08-10-2005, 04:20 PM,
barring any success, just slap this handy sticker near your zip. ;D

Attached Files
.pdf   warningsign.pdf (Size: 385.03 KB / Downloads: 81)
08-10-2005, 07:34 PM,
LOL!
Too damn funny guys... really. I've actually inlisted the help of some of my friends (pictured below) to help determine what this smell is coming from. Man some people will do anything for grant money!

Actually, I hung it outside all day and it seems a bit better. I'll give it one more day and see what happens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   smell.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.24 KB / Downloads: 0)