Remember me
Lost Password Register

new here
07-24-2005, 11:10 AM,
new here
Hi all,i am a new England transplant.Have Padi cert,Aow,Nitrox and approx.300 ocean dives in Ct,RI and Fla.I would like to go exploring the wrecks and other structures around The Apostle isalnds.Anyone experienced in boating there intersted?Oh -have 19 foot center console boat w/twin outboards th enhance the experience....
07-24-2005, 01:53 PM,
Re: new here
Welcome to cheese country! Where abouts have you moved to so that those of use willing can meet you?

My whereabouts are in Madison, not much diving here unless you like day-time night dives in 60-70 feet of muck at the bottom of Mendota. The lakes right now are pretty algae covered to the point that you have to cut through the green to dive.
07-24-2005, 09:48 PM,
You are on the right track to getting some dive buddies - announcing you have a boat and want to dive on a forum like this is kinda like throwing meat to a school of sharks Smile

Seriously though...welcome to Wisconsin - this is a great place to meet some other divers and get out and enjoy the water.
07-25-2005, 04:58 AM,
thanks for the responses,I know some divers here in MN. but they are the "I have to go to my wifes family barbeque every weekend for the rest of my life so - I cant go "type.
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM,
Ahh yeah.  That sucks Smile
07-25-2005, 04:57 PM,
Are you on mnscuba.com?  I know people that go out almost every single weekend.  Heck I could round up a couple buddies that would be willing to explore the Apostles with you sometime.
--Jason
07-25-2005, 06:36 PM,
I should get on that site.I will be gone until Aug.14th.Will be up at the islands the following weekend.I have emailed one possible interested party.He is quite far and may not go.