Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Which color scheme do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Black/ White with Red Line Arrow
35.71%
5 35.71%
Red/ White with Blue Line Arrow
50.00%
7 50.00%
I Like the Ha! Ha! guy.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

(Wisconsin) Cave Diver Flag/ Logo Colors
07-22-2005, 03:14 PM,
Re: (Wisconsin) Cave Diver Flag/ Logo Colors
uggh.

Got one quote back for top-quality flags at $136 for applique, $98 for digitally printed. Yipes! And that's for a dozen.

Maybe I could get Tami to teach my wife to sew.....
07-22-2005, 05:53 PM,
Yeeeeouch!!  That's a little harsh on the pricing!

Heck, even I can use a sewing machine...but there is a big difference between "knowing how to use" and "knowing how to use well" Smile
07-22-2005, 06:31 PM,
not a cave diver ....but why dont you try taking your personal flag...black state shape with stripe and arrow and put it within a red dive flag...with the white stripe lined up....might look good

good luck
07-22-2005, 06:41 PM,

Paul's personal flag would have the entire background (and maybe the foreground) covered with the blue H logo.  I'm estimating $8/each for the (genuine) patches (I don't see them on the website, perhaps to stop people from doing this).  At 4" o.c., it'd take 153 patches to cover a 3x5.7' flag, for total of $1224 in patches alone.  And think of all the time it'd take to iron them on. 

And it'd have to have stainless steel grommets, and he'd probably only fly it from a stainless steel flagpole, tied up with #24 cave line. 

Ethan

Arguing with Paul^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H on the Internet is like mud-wrestling with a pig.  You both get covered in mud, and the pig enjoys it.
07-22-2005, 07:39 PM,
Ethan - I just about spit my water all over my monitor.

That sig is hilarious Smile
07-22-2005, 10:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2005, 10:49 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)
/ An European or African Pig? Laden or Un-Laden?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   HAHAlcyon.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-23-2005, 05:15 AM,
Gah!

That is truly hideous.  I am hereby officially revoking your Photoshop license.
07-25-2005, 02:27 PM,
Hey Paul,
Me I like both logos... but me I like this one Black/ White with Red Line Arrow best because black is my kind of color, that's the kind of diver I am.  Very funny with the ha ha guy!  Don't worry I won't say "you suck" either.  A friend once told me that mean people suck, and you have been nothing but nice!  You said so many nice things on the cavediver.net.  I have to ask where did you get the ha ha guy?  Never seen anything about it before!  I really thought the last flag was too much!  Talk to you soon.  I don't know if I told you that I am a member of the NSS, a friend offered to sponsor my membership.  I also completed my SDI course online and passed it.  Now after I do an official dive with the IAHD, it will be complete.  See you around!
Matt
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM,

Perhaps the pigs could tag-team Paul?

Honestly (and this doesn't happen often), I am at a loss for words.  I just don't know what to say.  The flag is hideous beyond description, and I really think you should have one made.

Ethan