Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
07-16-2005, 03:59 PM,
Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
Just want to tell you that I had a BLAST in the pool on Thursday the 14th. I was under water for about 15 seconds (down 4 times) with the Neptune II Full Face mask. It well be a lot longer the next time.  Awesome equipment, I love it better than my AGA Full Face mask. Just having air in my Full Face mask was really cool.  I have some new pictures of me under water. Here's a link to my under water pictures page,   I was interviewed on Thursday the 14th and the interview started at 2 pm and lasted until about 730 pm. So keep your eyes open I’ll be on TV UPN 29 Thursday July 21st at 10 pm.

For those of you that won’t get to see the interview I’ll post the video on my web site.  They also interviewed my nurse Sara. She wasn’t too happy when she found out it was my idea.  She got over it in a hurry. She said “NO CHESS FOR YOU”.. LOL.  She is a big part of my dream. I thought she should have some input at the interview too. They also interviewed my dad. They had to do a few “retakes” because of the phone, it just kept ringing.  The interview went great, I was a little nervous at first, but when the camera started rolling it wasn’t so bad by then I really got into it.  I’ll tell more latter.

Take care everyone, safe diving
Matt.  8)
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM,
Re: Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
Cool stuff!  I look forward to seeing the interview!
07-18-2005, 07:56 AM,
Hi Omicron, me too, I am looking forward to seeing how the interview turns out!  I think it will be pretty awesome, and I can't wait to share it with you.
Matt ;D
07-18-2005, 05:33 PM,
Congrats Matt, the hard work is paying off.
07-21-2005, 08:13 AM,
Thanks Todd.  Yeah, the work is starting to pay off.  There is still a ways to go, but I will get there!  Take care and see you below!
Matt

;D
07-21-2005, 08:14 AM,
Hi guys.  Looks like my interview is going to be postponed until next Thursday July 28th now at 10pm CST on Upn 29 news locally.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!  Take care!
Matt 8)
07-21-2005, 10:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2005, 10:44 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Who says dreams can't come true?

You're an inspiration to all of us.

I started diving after being on a glass bottom boat tour and said to myself after seeing 2 divers suiting up, "I'm healthy, i've got 2 good legs so I have no excuse to be on this boat looking at a wreck from the comfort of this cabin (and through foggy glass)..."

And here you are.

Makes me feel like I should try harder with everything in my life.

Sometimes the rest of us need a kick to realise how easy we have it.

One time I almost quit the first day on the "Ride The Rockies" 500 mile through-the-mountains-of-Colorado bicycle tour while chugging up a 14,000 foot mountain pass *gasp* and feeling nauseous from the lack of oxygen. I had stopped by the side of the road to wait for the "Sag Wagon" to take me back to camp.

Then I got passed by a group of riders on "hand cycles".

I got back on that bike and finished every day and never complained again after that.

07-21-2005, 02:52 PM,
Hey Widiver_paul

I just wrote you a message on the cave divers forum lol but wanted to stop here and say thanks for writing.  Go check out my reply to you on the other board, it sounds better!  :-)

Take care,
Matt ;D