Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Magazines - who's reading what?
06-03-2003, 08:03 PM,
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what?
Advanced Diver magazine was good, but I don't get it any more. Immersed is junk, in my opinion, but some people might like it. I think that I still get some sort of DAN magazine and Rodales- but I don't do more than just leaf through those anymore.

About a year ago I decided to cancel all of my dive magazine subscriptions and just get one magazine- FREEDIVER magazine out of the UK. Go figure Wink if you are into freediving it is about the coolest thing out there. If your not, it still has cool photos, like a surfer mag, but might be pretty boring to you otherwise. :-\

Most of the British mags, like DIVER, seem to have a bit more balanced content with real reviews, although not always of places that we normally visit on this side of the Atlantic. They also have a lot more info on rebreathers and other toys.

For a while there it seemed like a new dive magazine was coming out every month. Now it seems as if they are all dying off. I wonder if it has something to do with the economy, or if the market got flooded? ???

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by scubert - 06-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by FreediveWI - 06-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by Omicron - 06-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by Omicron - 06-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by Omicron - 06-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what? - by Omicron - 06-16-2003, 12:18 PM