Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Magazines - who's reading what?
06-05-2003, 07:39 AM,
Re:Dive Magazines - who's reading what?

Thanks Jason! The Deadeye is GREAT! I just hope they keep putting issues out. Looks like they really put their all into it. I wonder if they've considered publishing on paper?
06-05-2003, 08:10 AM,
Omicron,

Check out some of the British dive Magazines.

They offer much more interesting articles and a wider variety of topics than the US mags. They cover warm water, cold water, rec/tec diving.

They also offer some of the most unbiased gear reviews of any magazine out there- they actually try and use the scientific process when comparing regulators and other gear to eachother. That is something not done in the US mags.

Jon
06-05-2003, 08:09 PM,

A dive magazine that actually covers cold water!! Wow! =) Actually, I was reading some articles online, links that I had gotten from the mnscuba site. They were about the world record trimix dive. The site had some interesting online articles and I was wondering if their print counterpart was as good.
06-05-2003, 08:13 PM,
Diver (UK) actually runs their whole print magazine on the web (sans ads) a month after the paper issue is released. It's great for us yanks who either are too cheap to fork the $9 for an issue, or who can't find the damned thing on the news stands. ;D
06-16-2003, 12:18 PM,
Cool stuff scubert. I'll have to check that out. I'm one of those divers that's too cheap ;D