Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-20-2005, 05:43 PM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?

Why don't you try posting some information about yourself and try getting to know some of the people on the board.  You are new to the forum, it seems that no one knows you and you came on pretty strong right away.  People are bound to respond the same.

I think this is a pretty open group and I don't think anyone here is so hard core about DIR that we try to push anyone out of the group because they aren't DIR.  I can understand your negativity about DIR given some of the history and also other message boards.  If you hang around this board long enough I think you'll find we do more joking about that crap than anything.  Take a look at some of WI Diver Pauls posts and pix, some good comic relief there on DIR ;D. 

As far diving goes, I think most folks here on the board will dive with just about anyone (myself included).  I start to get selective when it comes to deco/overhead/tech whatever anyone wants to call it.  I need to know who I'm diving with and how they handle themselves and has really nothing to do with DIR, fraternity, cliques or ego.  It has to do with safety and just a general comfort with the dive.

Sorry that you feel put out and that we may fall into the clicky DIR category you describe but I think if you hang around you won't find that to be true.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Vtach - 07-20-2005, 05:43 PM