Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-20-2005, 03:01 PM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?

But by calling TDS people names, are you not perpetuating the same weakness? If one does that, they're creating a hostile environment that scares people from learning the philosophies in question. I too disagree with the "I'm better than you" thing, and I certainly don't agree with calling people strokes, no matter what their level of training or certification. Calling other divers names is yet another one of the GI3'isms, and I do not believe it is the core thinking behind DIR.

In summary, the lessons here are basically that we've each taken something from DIR, we may not agree with all that it offers, yet we use aspects of it in our diving. If the aspects of DIR include a holistic approach to diving, shouldn't this approach also include the whole of the dive community?

<singing> "I'd like to teach the world to sing (in perfect harmony).... "

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by schultz - 07-20-2005, 03:01 PM