Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-20-2005, 07:37 AM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
I guess you didn't see the GUE DVD series that was put out a year or 2 ago. They were clearly using the RB-80 THROUGHOUT the 17,000+ foot Wakulla dive, and OC for deco at the end. As to trusting your computer before your own handwriting, you can get plenty of free deco software off of the internet (if you don't want to pay for "Deco Planner"), and print up and laminate your tables. I agree that I don't want to have to figure out my"chicken scratch" writing when things go bad. How many bottom times and computers have you seen go bad? Personally I've never seen any. At this point I prefer to deco based on the tables I've generated with Deco Planner based on the deepest depth we hit. I do have one of the new Uwatec "TEC" computers (in gauge mode) that will give you "average depth" at this point I still prefer to deco on bottom depth as compared to "average depth". We may be in the water a little longer but still coming out of the water "cleaner" is a good thing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by matt t. - 07-20-2005, 07:37 AM