Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-19-2005, 02:15 PM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?

Why are they different?  We planned our dive, we have the proper gasses with us, we dive together on a regular basis why would our buddy teams be modified?  That is the beauty of the DIR system is that our dives are the same every time.  I don't dissagree that I would rather, given the choice, have to deal with a problem in 100' than 250', I hope that I've gone down the correct path with my team and we are all on the same page when it comes to handling an emergency.  100' with a deco obligation isn't any different than 250'.  It is an overhead environment and you need to be prepared.  I'm sure as hell not going on a 250' dive with someone I've never been in the water with.     

I disagree that "anyone who wants to go deep and dive safely" will be on a rebreather.  Part of the problem with today is that money can't buy experience.  Anyone who can buy the tech equipment, OC or rebreather, can not necessarily pull off these dives.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Chris H - 07-19-2005, 02:15 PM