Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-19-2005, 01:58 PM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
Quote:Set in my ways? I hope so. Good training teaches you to be set in your ways, so that in an emergency situation you automatically do what needs to be done to get out of the s**t. I'm also hoping my dive buddies are set in \"our\" way......

I also hope you have all your emergency drills set.  What I mean is that you dives are different when your at 100' compared to when your at 250'.  Bail out, redundancy, and buddy teams are all modified when diving deep, or in overhead enviornments.  Being able to change and adapt is at the heat of the question, and my comments.  Whatever dive gear you dive, you mind is the best and most important tool you use.  If you can't change to meet different enviornments, changing conditions, and just plain crap hitting the fan, you are in serious trouble.  My point is that systems are just a tool your mind uses to cope with being underwater at 250' with 70 min of deco before you can surface again.  I believe that being open minded and able to adapt will win everytime in deep diving.  CCR diving is the future and soon anyone who wants to go deep and dive safely will go that route.  Not to say that diving Doubles isn't fun or safe, just not for deep diving given the time and amount of gear required. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Dive time - 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM