Remember me
Lost Password Register

What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
07-05-2005, 01:49 PM,
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR?
I am not DIR but have picked up many of the practices associated with DIR from watching practical applications and from my own experiences.  For example, I went with a long hose and bunged octopus after about 5 real OOA situations where I found that the person running out of air tended (50% of the time) to yank my regulator out of my mouth anyway.  I have plenty of other examples.

Conversely, I like my air-integrated computer (a true canoe paddle on a hose) and have not given it up.

I keep diving and trying configurations that look like they make sense to me.  Some of you know that I do a little underwater photography.  Some situations with a camera do not lend themselves as well to DIR.  For example, not all camera lighting systems are canisters.  I am sure that the tether that I use for the camera is not a preferred configuration, but it has been handy in several emergencies.

Finally, I am a real believer in dive and try.  Continueing to learn what works for me.  And I continue to learn from all of you guys.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Doug

Messages In This Thread
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by dfreeman - 07-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Re: What event made you head toward/away from DIR? - by Omicron - 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM