Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pacific field books
07-05-2005, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2005, 11:42 AM by schultz.)
Pacific field books
Heya everyone,

My wife and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary, and our treat to one another is a trip this September to Fiji for about 2 weeks. One thing I'm worried about though is our lack of ability of identifying specific Pacific reef fish - something we're both pretty good at in the Caribbean. Our first ever dive in the Pacific was one of newly certified divers pointing at various species going... "It's a... a... a... fish! And there's another fish, but different from the first!" I fear the same thing may happen on this trip.

To that end (Colin, I'm hoping you can help me on this one) I'm wondering if anyone has any recomendations for Fish, Coral, and Invertebrate identification books for the region. I'm planning on getting the 'Reef Fish Identification - Tropical Pacific' by Paul Humann (his books rock), but it appears that he has none for corals or invertebrates for the locale. Anyone have any recommendations for such books specific to Fiji or the area?

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Pacific field books - by schultz - 07-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Re: Pacific field books - by Carvendive - 08-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Re: Pacific field books - by schultz - 08-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Re: Pacific field books - by Carvendive - 08-03-2005, 08:23 AM