Remember me
Lost Password Register

Computers and Decompression Planning
06-01-2003, 12:03 AM,
Re:Computers and Decompression Planning
Jon, I couldn't have said it better. The forum provides a place where people can exchange and debate ideas. We may not always agree with the ideas but at the end of the day everyone learns and haves fun.

I am not too concerned about the "state of the industry". I know at least a dozen divers who have been certified over the past three years that all have very solid skills. They were freshly minted through the various agencies and then mentored by more experienced local divers. I have to believe that in the "old days" there were good divers and bad divers.

What is the difference between strapping a computer on your wrist or generating the tables on your home computer? Either way you have a computer crunching the numbers for you. The computer is just a tool. I think the real question is how do you plan the dive using the tools you have available. If you strap some gas on your back and a computer on your wrist, jump in the water and shout geronimo, you may receive a call from Darwin someday.
--Jason

Messages In This Thread
Re:Computers and Decompression Planning - by TomG - 05-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Re:Computers and Decompression Planning - by jasondbaker - 06-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Re:Computers and Decompression Planning - by Omicron - 06-02-2003, 09:48 AM