Remember me
Lost Password Register

Reefpoint Diving Center
06-02-2006, 11:44 AM,
Reefpoint Diving Center
Do any of you have experience with this SSI dive shop?  I'm interested more in their ability as instructors rather than gear sales. 
06-02-2006, 01:37 PM,
Re: Reefpoint Diving Center
If you areefering to the reef point in racine, john johnston has a top notch operation, you will not be disapointd.
06-02-2006, 02:10 PM,
Yes, this is the one i'm talking about. Thanks for your input.  More is still welcome!
06-02-2006, 02:54 PM,
I have had no personal dealings with Reefpoint, but I'm curious what type of training you are looking for and why SSI?
06-02-2006, 03:07 PM,
John is a great guy and I would recommend him to anyone!

I haven't been to his shop since he moved it, but he was one of the first in the state to offer Nitrox training, as well as other courses, through instructors he brought in from other states. This was long before PADI offered any classes- as back then Nitrox was still considered the "Devil's Gas".  Wink

Jon
06-02-2006, 03:34 PM,

I'm am moving to southern WI in late July, and my OW training was SSI.  I don't really have anything against the other agencies, SSI is just the one i am familiar with.  I found RDC's website and thought their Midwest Advanced diver training covered the specialties i'd be interested in.

The training i'm looking for is just recreational continuing education courses. 

I'd also be open to finding a good instructor around the southern madison area if any of you have recommendations there. 

I'm also looking for dive mentors willing to show a newer diver the ropes. 
06-02-2006, 09:05 PM,
my sister in law was trainer there..just open water...but i went there..he seems like a very nice fellow.  She was happy with her training..
Good luck
Deano