Remember me
Lost Password Register

Light in left hand?
06-25-2005, 12:57 PM,
Light in left hand?
How many divers are diving lights in the left hand vs right?
06-25-2005, 05:41 PM,
Re: Light in left hand?
I'm still trying to make the switch. It seems that I mostly hold the goodman handle in both hands now (hook both of my thumbs through the handle), and switch the light to the left when I need to do something else. Left hand only still feels awkward.
06-25-2005, 05:46 PM,
Right Hand Here.  With the Light on my Right Hip a couple of wraps around the forearm with the cord and I was on my way.  When I use to do alot of lobster diving  I would have the light in my Left hand.  

K
06-25-2005, 07:29 PM,
I find making a smooth ok the most awkward part of it...
06-25-2005, 07:35 PM,
I hold my light in my left hand, but Scouts are easy to switch from hand to hand.  :'(

Seriously though, I try to keep it in my left hand except when checking my spg, or doing something else that may inadvertently blind my buddy.  Matt makes fun of me for it, but I think he's coming around.

Your buddies will appreciate the light in the left hand if they have an OOA and need your long hose.
06-25-2005, 08:04 PM,
Left hand....why?..... because GI3 says so!! ;D

Practicing the OOA and long hose donation really cured the R-hand light thing.  Can't imagine a 18 watt HID is any fun when it's a inch or so from your face.

On occaison, I'll hook both thumbs too because I don't want Matt to feel all alone. Tongue

I use the right hand when I'm trying to F-T-B's........

I think I'm gonna go avatar huntin...
06-25-2005, 08:36 PM,

I call him Trey.  Matt says that is preferred.

F-T-Bs is darn funny if you know Todd....
06-26-2005, 09:41 AM,
I tend to take the 'stroke-like' right handed approach to my divelight.
I find it easier to use a wreck reel left hand and wind with the right.  Since I don't want to have to 'point' my reel in the direction I'm looking, I use my right hand for the light.  And since I really started using a goodman handle while wreck diving, it just stuck that way.

;D
06-26-2005, 10:52 AM,
Do you find that the rapid moving light while you rewind confuses your buddy?
06-26-2005, 11:58 AM,
you'd have to ask matt, as he's usually my guy in a shipwreck.

I guess I'm not winding that quickly, or am at least keeping the hand pointing straight and level so there isn't such a shaky or strobelike effect.