Remember me
Lost Password Register

world championships
05-29-2003, 06:50 AM,
world championships
The world freediving championships are going on in Cyprus this week. Today Martin broke the constant ballast record by SWIMMING, no sled here, to 305' ! ;D

I had the chance to dive with him in Miami a couple of years ago and he is amazing. Besides being a THREE TIME world record holder, he is also a certified mixed gas commercial diver who makes his living diving in the Miami area.

This is the post I found on his accomplishment.

Jon

Martin Stepanek Wins Constant Ballast - 93 Meters !
Thursday May 29, 2003 @ 02:25
Submitted by Paul Kotik

Limassol, May 29 2003 - Martin Stepanek has won the Constant Ballast discipline at the Sony Classic with a new world record of 93 meters.

Herbert Nitsch, who had also subscribed to a depth of 93 meters, failed in his attempt. Nitsch apparently sustained a barotrauma injury at depth, and was disqualified on surfacing for hypoxic manifestations. First reports indicate the injury was a punctured eardrum, and the DQ was for loss of motor control.

Today's Constant Ballast diving took place in rough seas. A tired but satisfied Martin Stepanek commented after his record-setting 93 meters : " It was as rough as Fort Lauderdale, and as cold as the North Pole !".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Martin93m.jpg_thumb (Size: 28.75 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-29-2003, 07:50 PM,
Re:world championships
Check out this guy's legs on the way down!
He is a machine. I think that his lung capcity is about 194% of normal. 305' is a long way to swim down- and back again! Wink

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   martins_dive.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.68 KB / Downloads: 0)