Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Trip to Keeweenah - Copper Harbor
06-14-2005, 01:44 PM,
Dive Trip to Keeweenah - Copper Harbor
Looking for some fun - join us in Copper Harbor on September 17th and 18th. We'll be diving on the Mesquite and the Langham (weather permitting). If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the details.

oOOo<br />           ooOO<br />        ooO<br />      oo<br />Milt
06-14-2005, 02:09 PM,
Re: Dive Trip to Keeweenah - Copper Harbor
How about posting the details?   

Is this trip through a dive shop?  Which charter are you going to be on?  Are you leaving out of Lac la belle? Is this a Rec or Tech charter?  I know that both of these wrecks are within the recreational limits, but there is some serious penetration possible on the Mesquite.    What about lodging?  It is a beautiful area up there, but we could use a few more details.
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM,
Chris,
This is a Rec dive trip. We will be diving with North Star Charters out of Munising. Captain Linda Laraway will meet us in Copper Harbor with her boat. We'll be camping, but there are numerous hotels and motels in the area. Cost is $85.00 per diver per day. Plans are to dive the Mesquite on Friday and Saturday and the Langham on Sunday. With EAN 30 we should be able to do three dives each day, weather permitting. Linda does not have a compressor on board so you'll have to bring as many tanks as you need. Otherwise, you'll have to make arrangements with the local dive shop for refills. I hope this answers your questions. If you need any further info let me know.

Milt
oOOo<br />           ooOO<br />        ooO<br />      oo<br />Milt
08-06-2005, 08:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2005, 08:21 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Wow!

At that price and location, I can't see how she's possibly making any profit on this one. Linda is great, you'd be a stroke to ignore this opportunity. Wish I could go, I tried to get a charter going up there but the guy that runs the shop in CH only takes full boat charters (5-600/day)...

The camping will be fun, there's a lighthouse tour and a tour of the fort (Wilkes?) that are both kick@$$. The campground is quite nice.

thanks for the info.
08-07-2005, 06:31 AM,
Damn man, I'll be diving in Fiji during that timeframe. It's been about three years since I've been on the Mesquite, but it's well worth it. Linda is a great captain, and I'll be diving with her in Munising in about two weeks.

As far as fills, give Jake Anderson a call at A Superior Divers (906) 289-DIVE

If you get a chance, try to compare the photo below from 2002 to the photocopier today. I'm curious how it's deteriorated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   kew_1.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.73 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM,
Ha ha!  Haven't seen that photocopier for awhile Smile 

Jake is a cool guy for fills - he's got lots of good stories.  Ask him about the compass run - it's a great shore dive!