Remember me
Lost Password Register

Now Certified, Time To Get Wet
06-05-2005, 09:14 AM,
Now Certified, Time To Get Wet
Now that I'm certified PADI OW, looking for plenty of dives with a partner to get more experience before I take my AOW in July.  I've only dove from McKenna park on Lake Mendota, so I'm looking to broaden my horizons. I'm looking optimally for someone to dive with regularly. I'm available most any day. Have all my own equipment except tanks. I can be emailed at wayne2241@yahoo.com or call 608-837-7621 (cell). I live in Sun Prairie and would like to stay within an hours radius of Madison for the time being. Thanks all.

Wayne Hackler

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Suiting_up_8.JPG_thumb (Size: 44.08 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-05-2005, 09:53 AM,
Re: Now Certified, Time To Get Wet
Weston Ledford is your man.....contact him via madisonscuba.com. Through Fontana Outdoor Sports, he is sponsoring a series of fun dives on Tuesday, I believe.

Otherwise, if you don't mind driving to the Delafield area, you can join us for some local dives as well.

Colin.
Underwater Connection
06-06-2005, 06:56 AM,
The weekly dives w/ a club are a great way to get out and go diving.  I usually try and meet up with Divers Realm out of Green Bay and the Central Wisconsin Scuba Club out of Stevens Point. 

It makes for a great way to meet other divers and try out new diving spots.
06-06-2005, 07:19 AM,
Three Little Devils out of Baraboo has regular group dives to Devil's Lake as well.

Omicron, I believe Divers Realm is out of Appleton.  Or is there another in Green Bay?
06-06-2005, 07:37 AM,
Thanks guys. Being newly married to a non-diver, for the time being I would like to keep to within about an hour of Madison. Longer trips would have to be on weekends with my better half in attendance.
06-06-2005, 07:46 AM,
You're right - it is Appleton.

06-06-2005, 07:36 PM,
Congrats on the certifcation Wayne!

Since you'd like to stay around the Madison area, Wes at Fontana is indeed offering trips Tuesday evenings.... on the other hand Hoofer's SCUBA offers diving Thursday evenings usually at 5:00 on their club boat located directly off Memorial Union. Problem is you have to be a Union member and join the club as well. But how else do you want to spend your summers in Madison but at the Union Terrace listening to live music and drinking fine beer (and I'm not talking Miller) after a dive on a hot summer night?  Wink

You can check for details via their website at

-schultz
06-06-2005, 07:40 PM,
Thanks, Schultz. But I think I'll stick with the beer I brew. Better than any mass produced, tasteless, watered down macro-brew.
06-06-2005, 08:01 PM,
oh... a homebrewer too! Sweet...

Here's my little homebrew system:

My favorite recipe: MPA.

I know, most people have never heard of that style, it stand for Melissa's Pale Ale, but it's basically an IPA.  Yum Hoppy goodness.

In that case, you might consider another club, namely the Madison Homebrewers and Tasting Guild. You can check out their website at . And yes, the tickets are indeed sold out for August's shin-dig.  Sad
06-08-2005, 06:23 AM,
Schultz, that's a nice rig. You do 5 or 10 gallons batches?

I took several members' advice and went out last night with the group from Fontana. It was my first certified dive. We were at Monona Terrace. The water was calm and pretty warm, but vis sucked. It was only around 5 feet or so. Stayed down about 40 minutes. John and Alvin Kutil took me under their wings so to speak and were great guides. My wife went also, even though she doesn't dive and kept commenting how nice everyone was. Thanks to everyone there last night.

So 1 down, millions to go. Give me a holler if amyone wants to go out. Especially since the weather is hotter than Hades.