Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone going to be diving Fortune Pond this weekend ?
05-25-2005, 07:02 PM,
Anyone going to be diving Fortune Pond this weekend ?
buddy and I will be diving if weather permits. Sun or Monday. Anyone else around ?
gail
05-27-2005, 08:12 AM,
Re: Anyone going to be diving Fortune Pond this weekend ?
This weekend does not work  Sad but definitly later this summer
05-27-2005, 02:59 PM,
Gail,

I am interested.

Will contact you by e-mail to see if there is a time that works.

Doug
05-27-2005, 08:13 PM,
Doug, I sent you a message tonight (friday)
I have a few things we can plant at the pond too

Hopefully we will have some good weather either sun or mon.

gail
05-27-2005, 09:36 PM,
Got you message, looking forward to the dive.  Just let me know the day and time to meet.

Doug

06-01-2005, 08:51 PM,
Fortune Pond was a great dive this weekend.  Visibility was in teh 40 foot range and the water was pleasently cool.  Weather was very nice and it was a great day to go diving.

Here is fortune Pond before the water.  And now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Bristol Mine before Flooding - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.82 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Fortune Pond - 3 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.58 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 08:55 PM,
Dove Fortune Pond with Gail and Gary.

.jpg_thumb   Gail - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Gary - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 09:00 PM,
There are some neat things in the lake.  Nothing like a Keep Out Sign at 110 feet.  There are also a few zebra muscles in the lake.  They are few and far appart, but there none the less.

.jpg_thumb   Keep Out Sign - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.51 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Zebra Muscle - 5 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2005, 09:14 PM by dfreeman.)
Here is the floating head on the big rock.  Like I said, there are some strange sights in this lake.

.jpg_thumb   Clown Face - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.83 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Clown Face - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 09:27 PM,
The trout in this lake are planted and were schooled in our dive site.  There was a fly hatch going on and this really attracted them.  They stayed in about 2 feet of depth, did not come to visit us in the deeper water.

Great day to go diving.  Could not be beat.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Trout - 8 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.82 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Trout - 14 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.89 KB / Downloads: 0)