Remember me
Lost Password Register

dove Sunset this weeekend
05-26-2003, 10:26 PM,
dove Sunset this weeekend
Went to Sunset Saturday and Sunday.. just to get use to the water again.. looked for the boat, but vis was 10' found it on Sunday, funny this was is you couldnt see it from the vertical trees. I was watching the bass as the stood motionless looking like branches on the trees, on Saturday ... the boat was only like 10 feet away and I never saw it... came back to the trees Sunday and WOW sure enough I saw it. saw some nice 18"-20" bass on the botom. found a disc golf frisbee...other then that its amazing how many people lose their underwear in the water...
05-28-2003, 07:13 AM,
Re:dove Sunset this weeekend
Yeah, that lake usually has quite a lot of junk in it. It is pretty amazing all the underwear you find - heck, shouldn't they be wearing swimsuits?? ;D

I'm going to be diving Sunset on June 3rd, meeting a few people there around 6.30 or so. We're also having a picnic/underwater poker run/diving/kayaking out there on June 7th.

There isn't a WHOLE lot to see in Sunset, but it's one of those good lakes to practice in, or do other stuff in. We had an underwater pumpkin carving contest there last year and it was a really good time.
06-03-2003, 09:24 PM,
I just dove Sunset today - we had great viz...roughly 15', easy. It was a really good dive - 40 minutes of bottom time, found the toilet, the boat, all that fun stuff...lots of cans as usual.

It looks like good conditions for our spring picnic dive this Sat.
06-03-2003, 09:40 PM,
Ill do my best to be there.... maybe i can get my dive buddy to show up too... tho he hasnt gone yet this year,
Spent this last weekend at Devils lake, saw the cliff and the fish.... still waiting to sneak up on some trout..ohh well it was fun ,nun the less... ill go back,, anyone ever hear of a bottle muck diver?
06-03-2003, 09:44 PM,
Cool...I'll be there. Ask around for Jason and someone should know where to point you!
01-17-2004, 09:19 AM,
Central Wisconsin Scuba Club will be Ice Diving in Sunset Lake tomorrow (January 18, 2004). Meeting at the lake at 10:00 a.m. weather permitting.

Will be good to get back under the ice. Also, want to check out the camera in ice conditions. Will be in Lake Wazee later this winter and want to get a few good pictures in that lake.

Keep you posted on the diving.

Doug
01-17-2004, 05:22 PM,
Spent today in Lake Monona. Saw some really big musky and carp, but no panfish to spear. :'(

The nice part is partial openwater so that there are no holes to cut. ;D

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   openwater.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.97 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-17-2004, 05:23 PM,
I also snagged my second anchor in two weeks, so it wasn't a total loss of a day.

jon

.jpg_thumb   anchor_find.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-18-2004, 07:08 PM,
With the cold weather, we went to find warmth under the water. Got set up and we were ready to go. I was a sunny day and started out a little cold at 0 deg F but warmed to 10 deg F as the day progressed. The wind was strong and buried our ropes during the dive but there was no wind under the ice.

Who could resist an ice hole like this one, begging you to dive in?

.jpg_thumb   Ice_Hole_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-18-2004, 07:11 PM,
Here is Jason with his new dry suit (do not ask what the accent color is). You can tell he is ready to go.

.jpg_thumb   Jason_Welty_-_3_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.25 KB / Downloads: 0)