Remember me
Lost Password Register

Looking for an informal drysuit lesson
05-08-2005, 08:57 PM,
Looking for an informal drysuit lesson
Hi all,

I bought my drysuit as a Christmas present to myself and am itching to give it a try, but I'm a little hesitant to do so without some sort of training or help.  My LDS isn't going to have a drysuit class for at least another month, and I guess I'd like to start diving sooner than that.  After all, I bought this drysuit to extend the diving season around here.  I still plan on taking the full class, but would like to start sooner.

So...I'm looking for someone who would be willing to help me with my first drysuit dive, give me some pointers, and make sure I don't drown.  I live near Kenosha, so someplace within a reasonable driving distance would be nice, after-work or weekend.  (The 5/14 weekend may be out.)  Shore dive or boat (I have my own 18' boat).

Chad
05-10-2005, 08:52 PM,
Re: Looking for an informal drysuit lesson
Thanks to Matt T., Rich, and Pink Fins for the offers/referrals.  I just got home from a nice dive on Lake Nagawicka with Matt T, so a special thanks to you for the company and help.  It was great to get the new drysuit wet, and my first dry dive under my belt.  (Gee, makes the total dives at 23.   ;D )
05-11-2005, 05:41 PM,
Once Dry, never go back.

Doug
05-11-2005, 06:03 PM,
So, how was the viz at Nagawicka?  See anything noteworthy? 
What´t the topography like?
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2005, 08:02 PM by matt t..)
We ended up diving from the swimming area. Visibility was probably 20+ feet at a depth of 25 feet. Surface temp was 59 with the bottom (25ft) at 51. Sand bottom with the occasional zebra mussel covered log, beer can, or cement block. Usually we see a couple L.M bass, but nothing yesterday though the crayfish were peeking out of their holes on the slope.