Remember me
Lost Password Register

Iklite Video and Camera Housings
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM,
Iklite Video and Camera Housings
Not sure if I should have put this question in the “Advanced” section or here. Has anyone out there had experience taking Iklite camera housings below the company recommended 200 feet? I’ve had mine to 165 many times with no problem. One of my video lights seems to flood every other time but with an adjustment to the head gasket I think I have this problem solved. I know there are other housings that can go deeper, but I have several new and older Iklites. Any help would be appreciated.
05-06-2005, 08:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2005, 03:44 PM by Chris H.)
Re: Iklite Video and Camera Housings
Rick,
Very recently, I have been on dives in the 200ft range where people were using the Ikelite housings.   I don't think they have flooded, but the controls get very difficult to operate and in some instances made getting video next to impossible.   I think that one of the guys on the Carl Bradley trip used an ikelite housing last year, but had enough problems that he upgraded for this year's expedition.

There are others on the board who may have more detailed info, but I do know that they aren't ideal at the deeper depths.

Good Luck
05-07-2005, 05:31 PM,
Re: Iklite Video and Camera Housings
The ikelite contols become infunctional around 180.  Myself and several others have had this problem.  Additionaly amphibicos electric controls start to wear out after 50 or so 250 dives.  Alan and I plus several others are just using Gates down to 400 feet and it is the best option.  Good luck.