Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive sites
04-24-2005, 12:06 PM,
Dive sites
Hi I'm new to diving. Have about twenty shallow water dives under my belt. I was wondering if some one could give me some hints on good places to dive other than Wazzee. I live seven miles from there and is where I do most of my diving. I would be particularly interested in any where that has a beac h too. I'm also a metaldetectorist and enjoy looking for coins jewelry and such. Can't wait for the water to get a little warmer. My wife is also do to have a baby here soon, so may not get out for a while. Time for a little research.

Thanks, Tim Hansen
04-24-2005, 02:04 PM,
Re: Dive sites
You should contact Andy (mrclean) as he is a BLack River Falls resident and is branching out to new dive sites himself.  I am sure that he willl give you pointers and have a good idea where to go.  Also, may be a handy dive buddy.

Places to go within 2 hours that come to mind are Little Lake Heron, Wolf Lake, Red Granite Pearl Lake, Long Lake, Gilbert Lake, Devils Lake, Fountain Lake, Sunset Lake, Lake Emily.  Most of these are in Portage and Waushara County.

Doug
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM,
If you want to take your wife on a weekend trip before the baby comes and you no longer have time and energy, Door County has several great shore diving oppurtunities.  Contact Green bay scuba for further info and a guide.

Jim

P.S. congrat's
08-18-2005, 10:12 PM,
Look into a site in northern Illinois. I think it's called Pearl Lake or something like that. I haven't been there, but saw it on a website and it looked kind of interesting (and not too expensive).